• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! I need advice on how to get my kids back!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Meagan Morris

I live in Mississippi
I agreed to let my grandmother take my kids with her to her house one day to spend the day with her under the agreement that she would bring them back home later that evening. She never brought them home and wouldn't answer her phone when I called so I went to her house to get my kids and her and my grandfather told me I couldn't have them and they ended up calling the law and the police officers told me they could not make them give me my kids that I'd have to talk to a lawyer and told me that I had to leave their property or go to jail. My kids daddy and I werent able to afford a lawyer and after they had kept our kids from us for almost a month I said enough was enough and went to my grandparents house one day while my grandfather was at work and told my grandmother I was leaving with my kids one way or another and got my son and put him in the car and I put my daughter in her carseat and when I tried to put her in the car my grandmother grabbed the handle of the carseat and wouldn't let go to let me get my daughter in the car so I ended up having to ory her hands free from the carseat and push her down then buckled my daughter in and left and went home. A week later I'd been in town and had the kids with me and I got stopped on my way home and the officer told me I had a warrent for my arrest for simple assault and told me I needed to call someone to come get my kids and my car and their daddy was at work so my mom came and got them and I was put in jail. The same day the police came to my moms and arrested her for an old warrant. My mom says that when the police pulled into her yard that my grandparents pulled in behind them and the police told my grandparents to take the kids and wouldn't let my mom call their daddy to come get them. I had to serve 68 days in jail and while I was there I was served papers for court to defend against my uncles xwife and her husband for establishment of gaurdianship for both of my kids. On the day of the court I was still in jail and they did not take me. My kids father went and he said that all that was done was the judged called his name and told him that since the summons was not served directly to him and was giving to his father instead that court was dismissed and to be rescheduled. We haven't heard anything else on it. I've been out of jail a month now and haven't saw my kids. My grandparents Gave them to my uncles xwife and they have been keeping them and caring for them in their home and will not talk to us or allow us to see them. We can't afford a lawyer and want our babies back! The people who have them are strangers to me and my kids they've never even saw my kids until my grandoarents gave them to them. I feel that they have kidnapped them. We tried to file kidnapping charges but was told that we couldn't sincewe allowed my granaw to leave with my kids even though she didn't bring them home like she had agreed to. Please help!

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I live in Mississippi
I agreed to let my grandmother take my kids with her to her house one day to spend the day with her under the agreement that she would bring them back home later that evening. She never brought them home and wouldn't answer her phone when I called so I went to her house to get my kids and her and my grandfather told me I couldn't have them and they ended up calling the law and the police officers told me they could not make them give me my kids that I'd have to talk to a lawyer and told me that I had to leave their property or go to jail. My kids daddy and I werent able to afford a lawyer and after they had kept our kids from us for almost a month I said enough was enough and went to my grandparents house one day while my grandfather was at work and told my grandmother I was leaving with my kids one way or another and got my son and put him in the car and I put my daughter in her carseat and when I tried to put her in the car my grandmother grabbed the handle of the carseat and wouldn't let go to let me get my daughter in the car so I ended up having to ory her hands free from the carseat and push her down then buckled my daughter in and left and went home. A week later I'd been in town and had the kids with me and I got stopped on my way home and the officer told me I had a warrent for my arrest for simple assault and told me I needed to call someone to come get my kids and my car and their daddy was at work so my mom came and got them and I was put in jail. The same day the police came to my moms and arrested her for an old warrant. My mom says that when the police pulled into her yard that my grandparents pulled in behind them and the police told my grandparents to take the kids and wouldn't let my mom call their daddy to come get them. I had to serve 68 days in jail and while I was there I was served papers for court to defend against my uncles xwife and her husband for establishment of gaurdianship for both of my kids. On the day of the court I was still in jail and they did not take me. My kids father went and he said that all that was done was the judged called his name and told him that since the summons was not served directly to him and was giving to his father instead that court was dismissed and to be rescheduled. We haven't heard anything else on it. I've been out of jail a month now and haven't saw my kids. My grandparents Gave them to my uncles xwife and they have been keeping them and caring for them in their home and will not talk to us or allow us to see them. We can't afford a lawyer and want our babies back! The people who have them are strangers to me and my kids they've never even saw my kids until my grandoarents gave them to them. I feel that they have kidnapped them. We tried to file kidnapping charges but was told that we couldn't sincewe allowed my granaw to leave with my kids even though she didn't bring them home like she had agreed to. Please help!
I'm really sorry, but this is way beyond the scope of this forum. You need an attorney, desperately.

See if there's a law school near you, because many (if not most) have a law clinic of sorts where you might be able to get help.

I found this too, which might help you: https://www.msbar.org/for-the-public/pro-bono-resources.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">