• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with my Ex girl friend kiddnaping my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AdrianGrimes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersery
I live in New Jersy i have 2 children with my ex girl friend, in september of 2011 she left to florida with our kids with out me knowing i found out a week later she left to another state with out my consent. At that time i did not know what to do nor know how to go by getting my kids back to New Jersy. In june of 2012 I come to find out that my ex girl friend an my children are living in the streets an home to home of her friends house or strangers she meets. that same day i left New Jersey and found them an brought them back to New Jersey. At that time she was pregnet from another man that didnt want anything to do with her. As we got to New Jersey I helper her an my kids get help from social service an welfare. i have been seeing my kids every other weekend ever since. As of 9/25/2012 I went to file for custody for my children when she found out what i was doing she has left the state with out me knowing. And now she is in the state of California an living from home to home an with strangers. Today i recieved a phone call from some one she was staying with an was told that she has not been taking care of my kids. How -
1. leaving my kids with the people or old friends house for days an not coming back.
2. Not feeding them an leaving up to the people or friends to feed my kids.
3. Not baithing them nor washing there clothes an allowing my kids to run around the street with no adualt supervision.
4. Hitting my kids for stuff they dont do or when she is mad for no reason.
All of this from a complete stranger conserned for kids thats isnt even his. At this time i realy dont know what to do what i do know is she has a prior child niglect case an indangerment of a child against her in 2005 or something like that. what i need to know is what do i do to get my kids to safety an out of harms way. i am going to file for custody tomorrow 11/20/12 but i dont want to wait weeks at end till someone gets to my case an it be to late. So i ask for anyone to please help me with any real legal advise that can help in this case? Thank you very much...

Last edited:

sandyclaus

I live in New Jersy i have 2 children with my ex girl friend, in september of 2011 she left to florida with our kids with out me knowing i found out a week later she left to another state with out my consent. At that time i did not know what to do nor know how to go by getting my kids back to New Jersy. In june of 2012 I come to find out that my ex girl friend an my children are living in the streets an home to home of her friends house or strangers she meets. that same day i left New Jersey and found them an brought them back to New Jersey. At that time she was pregnet from another man that didnt want anything to do with her. As we got to New Jersey I helper her an my kids get help from social service an welfare. i have been seeing my kids every other weekend ever since. As of 9/25/2012 I went to file for custody for my children when she found out what i was doing she has left the state with out me knowing. And now she is in the state of California an living from home to home an with strangers. Today i recieved a phone call from some one she was staying with an was told that she has not been taking care of my kids. How -
1. leaving my kids with the people or old friends house for days an not coming back.
3. Not baithing them nor washing there clothes an allowing my kids to run around the street with no adualt supervision.
All of this from a complete stranger conserned for kids thats isnt even his. At this time i realy dont know what to do what i do know is she has a prior child niglect case an indangerment of a child against her in 2005 or something like that. what i need to know is what do i do to get my kids to safety an out of harms way. i am going to file for custody tomorrow 11/20/12 but i dont want to wait weeks at end till someone gets to my case an it be to late. So i ask for anyone to please help me with any real legal advise that can help in this case? Thank you very much...
First you say you went to file for custody back in September, and now you say you are going to file for custody tomorrow. That would indicate that there is NO custody order in force.

As an unmarried couple, your ex has full legal and physical custody of the children, with all the rights and privileges that it entails. You, on the other hand, have no parental rights to the children. That won't happen unless and until you assert your rights by filing for custody of the children. And since that hasn't happened yet - you guessed it - you have no legal standing to do anything about the kids.

If you are so concerned about the children, why have you not filed for custody before now? Stop dragging your feet and get 'er done. You can't even begin to protect these children from what you claim the mom is doing until you do.

BL

What do you mean ,she left without your concent ?

Unless you have/had an order in place with no removal clauses,joint legal custody,or an order and State guidelines require permission ,she had every right to take the children out of State.

If these people are so concerened and they called CPS ,that State would take control.

Also if residency has been established in that State,that State has control.

You would need to hire an Attorney in that State.

Unless, as I said there is a current order in your State.

justalayman

let's start at the beginning:

have you and the mother filed an Acknowledgment of Paternity? If not, have you been adjudicated to be the father? Are you listed on the birth certificate?

If paternity has not been acknowledged or established, you have to do that first.

Banned_Princess

You need to call that person back, and beg them to call CPS about this. It will be anonymous.

And you need to find out some info (address the kids are being left at,) and ALSO Call the Authorities.

During this time, get a Lawyer. It will be hell to do it yourself, and might take too much time, time of which your kids dont have.

Proserpina

I'm curious about something.

Why would a complete stranger call you?

How did that stranger get your number?

Could it be, perhaps, that the stranger is trying to cause problems for Mom versus actually helping the children? Has this stranger contacted child services? If not, why not?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to call that person back, and beg them to call CPS about this. It will be anonymous.

And you need to find out some info (address the kids are being left at,) and ALSO Call the Authorities.

During this time, get a Lawyer. It will be hell to do it yourself, and might take too much time, time of which your kids dont have.
BAD IDEA. If CPS gets involved it could be six months to a year until he gets his children IF THEN. An ICPC would be required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">