• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!! please today lost restriction order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brenva

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

Today my friend lost her protection order against her ex boyfriend.
They've been separated for about a year and he's been living in Florida.
He has keys to the house and enters at will.
There is a pending child custody case, which his lawyer postponed today until December because they " want to investigate more" and he alleged that he's going to El Salvador on military duty. Between now and December we don't now how to keep him from harassing my friend or from taking her son to Florida. What can she do to prevent that? A month ago he took the kid away by force from her hands and the police said they could not do anything since he's the father.
He has a history of violence and she fears for her life and son.
How can she keep him out of the house?
Is there any way to prevent him from taking the son?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

Today my friend lost her protection order against her ex boyfriend.
They've been separated for about a year and he's been living in Florida.
He has keys to the house and enters at will.
There is a pending child custody case, which his lawyer postponed today until December because they " want to investigate more" and he alleged that he's going to El Salvador on military duty. Between now and December we don't now how to keep him from harassing my friend or from taking her son to Florida. What can she do to prevent that? A month ago he took the kid away by force from her hands and the police said they could not do anything since he's the father.
He has a history of violence and she fears for her life and son.
How can she keep him out of the house?
Is there any way to prevent him from taking the son?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Step 1. Change all locks.

Is there a current order for custody? Has paternity been legally established?

Proserpina

She might be able to petition the court for an emergency hearing; the good news is that your friend's ex has a lawyer, which means at least somebody knows where the ex (and thus her son) is staying and can't claim they don't know his whereabouts.

She absolutely NEEDS to see an attorney. Like yesterday.

LdiJ

She might be able to petition the court for an emergency hearing; the good news is that your friend's ex has a lawyer, which means at least somebody knows where the ex (and thus her son) is staying and can't claim they don't know his whereabouts.

She absolutely NEEDS to see an attorney. Like yesterday.
I don't think he still has the son...I could be wrong, but my impression was that she was afraid he would take the child forcibly from her again.

She absolutely needs to change all of the locks, like yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">