• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Vindictive Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hope25

What is the name of your state? Delaware

I am the ncp and my ex tries to interfere with all of my parenting time. I just do not know what to do I have never left my children. I have taken them during all of my visitation, but now the cp wants the kids to be in numerous activities. The cp interferes with all of my visitations including holidays. How do I get the cp to quit interfering with my time. I only have limited time with my children so I hardly get to spend time with them because of all of the activities. Am I wrong for thinking that quality time with a parent is more important than activitities?

CandiceH

You are not wrong. The CP has to follow the court order. What does your order specify? If CP does not have the children ready during your parenting time, call the police, make the report, get enough evidence and file for contempt.

ceara19

Hope25 said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware

I am the ncp and my ex tries to interfere with all of my parenting time. I just do not know what to do I have never left my children. I have taken them during all of my visitation, but now the cp wants the kids to be in numerous activities. The cp interferes with all of my visitations including holidays. How do I get the cp to quit interfering with my time. I only have limited time with my children so I hardly get to spend time with them because of all of the activities. Am I wrong for thinking that quality time with a parent is more important than activitities?
Is there a reason that you can't take the children to these activities? Your visitation is more important then the extra curricular activities, but if it is possible for you to get them back and forth to any reasonable activities, the CP can't try to use it as an excuse to interfere with your time.

Hope25

We live in two different towns and it makes it difficult for me to get them to activities. I try to switch parenting time to accommodate the activities, but the cp just screams and yells at me. It seems that nothing I ever do is right. I love my children and the cp puts them in the middle. It is just hard to work with the cp.

ceara19

Hope25 said:
We live in two different towns and it makes it difficult for me to get them to activities. I try to switch parenting time to accommodate the activities, but the cp just screams and yells at me. It seems that nothing I ever do is right. I love my children and the cp puts them in the middle. It is just hard to work with the cp.
How old are the kids and what activities are they being enrolled in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">