• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobertFrank

I have a provisional 50-50 custody order for visitation between my x and I for our daughter. We have not gotten to our settlement conference as of yet and there has been no agreement or offers from my x to settle out of court which I have attempted numerous times. There is no mention of a holiday schedule in our orders. The county that I live in holiday schedule pertains to children 18 months and older my child is 16 months. My x contacted me about letting her have baby for 4 hrs on Halloween during my time to have baby. Do I have to let her? My x has been very difficult and I dont want to but dont want to seem difficult to the courts. Before the 50-50 temp arrangment I did not see my daughter last year for one holiday from birth until I got custody including her first birthday.

LdiJ

I have a provisional 50-50 custody order for visitation between my x and I for our daughter. We have not gotten to our settlement conference as of yet and there has been no agreement or offers from my x to settle out of court which I have attempted numerous times. There is no mention of a holiday schedule in our orders. The county that I live in holiday schedule pertains to children 18 months and older my child is 16 months. My x contacted me about letting her have baby for 4 hrs on Halloween during my time to have baby. Do I have to let her? My x has been very difficult and I dont want to but dont want to seem difficult to the courts. Before the 50-50 temp arrangment I did not see my daughter last year for one holiday from birth until I got custody including her first birthday.
Technically, you probably do not have to give mom 4 hours on Halloween. However, if you do not, you will pretty much guarantee that you will not get to see the child on any holiday that falls on mom's time. Have you mapped out Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day to see whose days THOSE holidays fall on?

torimac

Make sure your orders spell out all holidays, including birthdays, those mentioned by LDiJ, mother's day, father's day, any religious holidays. And be prepared to go back to court when the child is 4 if you do not spell out those holidays (and summer vacation) with regard to the school year.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? You have 50/50 custody and the standard holiday schedule starts in two months. So therefore, you want to be a jerk about it? You are going to have a fun 16 years 4 months of coparenting. Good going dad over petty stuff.

RobertFrank

@ohiogal

She has kept our daughter from me for every holiday since birth. Including her first birthday and fathers day after I gave her extra time with baby on mothers day. Nevertheless after a 48 hr power struggle with her she finally agreed to my compromise. I let her have baby for the prescribed time but I did make sure for her to document that I would be getting baby for my time on Thanksgiving and I would let her have time on Christmas. You have no idea how difficult this girl is. Im not a jerk by any means. I originally had full custody and gave her back a little more and a little more till we got to 50 50 because I do understand the importance of both parents being involved in a childs life.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
She has kept our daughter from me for every holiday since birth. Including her first birthday and fathers day after I gave her extra time with baby on mothers day. Nevertheless after a 48 hr power struggle with her she finally agreed to my compromise. I let her have baby for the prescribed time but I did make sure for her to document that I would be getting baby for my time on Thanksgiving and I would let her have time on Christmas. You have no idea how difficult this girl is. Im not a jerk by any means. I originally had full custody and gave her back a little more and a little more till we got to 50 50 because I do understand the importance of both parents being involved in a childs life.
Yes, you're being a jerk.

Sadly the baby seems to be more mature than the "parents".

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
OP has another current thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/can-my-x-just-decide-keep-our-daughter-away-me-during-my-visitation-time-629770.html?posted=1#post3445144

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Fabulous. On your other thread you state you are in Ohio. In what County does the holiday schedule not start until 18 months? Because I can probably guess in what county you are located.

My guess is Summit County by the way... and if I am right, prepare for the magistrates in that court to not be happy with you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">