• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeless Father has shared custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaReedWoodard

I have shared custody with the father of my son. He cant keep a job or a place to live. He lives with his new wives parents and my 9 yr old son has to sleep on the floor or couch at the over crowded home. The father leaves our son there and goes to sleep in an abandon house. I went to mediation and the father of our son didn't show up. The mediators report was in my favor. When we went to court today the judge is allowing the father to attend mediation. Even though he is homeless and unemployed. Is there a law that I don't know of that if a parent has 1/2 custody that he must have his own place to live and have a job? Please if anyone can help. I even have a letter from our sons teacher saying that this life style is effecting his school learning ability.

A

andrewsmom

any luck?

Hi there-I see that you didn't get a response here but i'm wondering if you have discovered anything about a homeless fathers visitation rights?
I am in a similar situation myself and have no money to hire an attorney to deal with it. My ex couch surfs from house to house even while my son is there for a two week visit, even sleeping in his van at times (with my son). It seems very unfair but I don't know that I have any legal ground to prevent the visitation. Would love any info that you've encountered.
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">