• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I find if my child is enrolled in school?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

Thank you. I have been reading up about that through the post office, and it seems that it is available for "companies". Would I just write on in hand writing " Do not forward, address correction requested" ?

I read on Child Find America website:
Take these steps if your child

Can I file a missing person's report with what I have (i.e. divorce order stating reasonable and liberal visitation, plus amendment of visitation order pending with court date)?
No ,you have been in contact with the mother .

Child find can help locate them ,but again your lawyer should know about the FPLS .

Do you have Joint Legal Custody ?

ProSeMe

No ,you have been in contact with the mother .
Which of my question/statement specifically are you referring to with the "NO"? Was it the question about post office question, or the question about if I can file a missing person's report.

Mom previously used to somewhat be in contact with me, telling me that she moved to GA, but every time I try to find out when I can visit, she stop responding. I have not heard from mom is 3 weeks now. She text me that she was about to change her phone number one day, so anytime I call now, she just answer and hang up same time. I call everyday. No "disconnected number", it just ring, and immediately answers and ends. No voice mail. It is TMobile service. It was when I did the ip tracing that that I realized that she is still in the state.

Child find can help locate them ,but again your lawyer should know about the FPLS .

Do you have Joint Legal Custody ?
My lawyer does not know about FPLS. Yes, I have joint legal custody. What about Child Find's method to make a missing child report if the parent is denying me visitation, as stated on their website.

http://www.childfindofamerica.org/help.htm said:
My child was abducted by a parent or that parent
is preventing me from my legal visitation/custody rights.
The mother has not abducted the child.

I think you probably know exactly where Mom and the child are, and you'd rather wring your hands and complain about things not being the way you want them to be.

I ABSOLUTELY do not know where mom is. I spent the last 4 days driving through every neighborhood where she used to live searching for mom's car. She has moved. Her old apartment is empty. My lawyer recommends that I do my own PI work to save money, because he knows my situation. I been watching at the school that I suspect that my daughter goes to, but too many kids come out once school is over, and I cant get a good enough view, without risking making myself look like a stalker.

Last edited:

BL

Which of my question/statement specifically are you referring to with the "NO"? Was it the question about post office question, or the question about if I can file a missing person's report.
Which way you want to go with this ?

The child has been removed from the State , or the child has not ?

Keep in mind ,it has only been 3 weeks .

You have been given many ways to attempt to locate , one of which may only cost you a postage stamp and that is sending a letter to demand your rights under your court orders with " Do-Not Forward - Address Correction Requested " along the bottom of the envelope.

Mom previously used to somewhat be in contact with me, telling me that she moved to GA, but every time I try to find out when I can visit, she stop responding. I have not heard from mom is 3 weeks now. She text me that she was about to change her phone number one day, so anytime I call now, she just answer and hang up same time. I call everyday. No "disconnected number", it just ring, and immediately answers and ends. No voice mail. It is TMobile service. It was when I did the ip tracing that that I realized that she is still in the state.
So you are being denied your rights -we got that.

My lawyer does not know about FPLS. Yes, I have joint legal custody. What about Child Find's method to make a missing child report if the parent is denying me visitation, as stated on their website.
Is your lawyer a Family Law Attorney ? If not you may want to hire one instead ,because the FPLS started with the child support enforcement to find non custodial parents or parents for child support purposes .The FPLS can be used ( signed and initiated by any authorized person's ). It can be used to located a missing parent in custody matters .If your lawyer doesn't know this then there is really something amiss here.

Have you even called Child Find Of America ,e-mailed them ,faxed them ?

I ABSOLUTELY do not know where mom is. I spent the last 4 days driving through every neighborhood where she used to live searching for mom's car. She has moved. Her old apartment is empty. My lawyer recommends that I do my own PI work to save money, because he knows my situation. I been watching at the school that I suspect that my daughter goes to, but too many kids come out once school is over, and I cant get a good enough view, without risking making myself look like a stalker.

Here's some info.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/CriminalCustodialInterference.pdf

Can state charge a
parent who
violates a court
order/joint
custody order
with custodial
interference?
Yes.
Va. Code Ann. §
18.2-49.1. No
explicit mention of
joint custody orders.

2006 Virginia Code - 18.2-49.1 - Violation of court order regarding custody and visitation; penalty - Virginia 18.2-49.1 - Violation of court order regarding custody and visitation; penalty :: Justia -- Justia US State Caselaw

I'd start by sending that letter in the mail .

Next I'd find the FPLS form for your situation and jurisdiction with the mind set that she removed the child from the state as she stated , and see if the Judge or DA is willing to sign and initiate the search .( ask your lawyer to present the form to file if you have trouble finding the form).

Call,e-mail,or fax Child Find Of America . It may take some time but eventually if all else fails they should be able to locate unless she is in hiding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">