• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i find out about child support owed/and my taxes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justdulce

hello everyone,

i am writing about my fiance, he was incarcerated 8 years, and just recently has been out of jail about 7 months, my question is, did he have to pay child support while he was incarcerated? and if he did, how can we find out? and my other question is what if he gave her money for the children while he was incarcerated? we are in the process of doing his taxes and are wondering will they take his taxes from him, because he was in jail. we are from pennsylvania. thanks everyone for your help.

L

LadyBlu

justdulce said:
hello everyone,

i am writing about my fiance, he was incarcerated 8 years, and just recently has been out of jail about 7 months, my question is, did he have to pay child support while he was incarcerated? and if he did, how can we find out? and my other question is what if he gave her money for the children while he was incarcerated? we are in the process of doing his taxes and are wondering will they take his taxes from him, because he was in jail. we are from pennsylvania. thanks everyone for your help.
If there was a support order then he can contact the court, or the child support enforcement bureau and find out how much he owes, and if he is in arrears. Unless he petitioned the court for a reduction/suspension of support while he was incarcerated it did accrue while he was in jail.

J

justdulce

thank you lady, i have one more question, what if he did supply her with income while he was in jail, and so did his mother? and they have proof? is their anywhere on the website where we can find out if he is owing anything? he was paying child support 8 years ago but is not sure if he petitioned to suspend his case while incarcerated?

L

LadyBlu

justdulce said:
thank you lady, i have one more question, what if he did supply her with income while he was in jail, and so did his mother? and they have proof? is their anywhere on the website where we can find out if he is owing anything? he was paying child support 8 years ago but is not sure if he petitioned to suspend his case while incarcerated?
If he can show proof, but the payments should have went through the court that handles the support payments. Not sure where you would find that info. You will have better luck calling the CSEA on monday.

P

p towle

I am not an attny but have been a c/s officer for over 5 yrs. I believe bradley addmendment prevents retro reduction mod. re incarceration, unless mod was filed. was ex on assistance? Settlements may be an option here. rec an attny unless he has access to a lump sum settlement. check out 800-837-8656.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">