• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can i stop my spouse from just picking my child up whenever he wants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lori125

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
maryland
i just left my husband he has anger issues and drinking problem how can i keep him from getting my child from school anytime he wants

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
maryland
i just left my husband he has anger issues and drinking problem how can i keep him from getting my child from school anytime he wants
If you are asking if you can keep your husband from picking up HIS child any time he wants just because you walked out the door, then the answer is no. You will have to go to court to get an order specifying custody and visitation.

If you're saying that the child is YOURS (ie: he's not the father), then the answer is obvious.

Isis1

maryland
by filing for divorce and getting a restraining order that prevents hin from picking up the child outside of visitation times,

CourtClerk

maryland
Did you make the child all by yourself? Why is this just your child and not his?

Lori125

I am aware he is her father...And a good one at that.
I was a simple question no need to be snippy about it. My child is in fear of him coming and getting her that is why i asked.

cyjeff

I was a simple question no need to be snippy about it. My child is in fear of him coming and getting her that is why i asked.
Why is your daughter afraid of a good father picking her up?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why is HIS child afraid of HER FATHER?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">