• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I become my nieces guardian or seek custody of them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

Those 3 people don't know how things work though. I'm sure Mom isn't exactly Parent Of The Year, but you're not parent... at all.

Imagine this...

You file for custody. You would file where Mom lives.

Now remember, you do not stand equal to Mom - so the rules change. It's no longer about parent vs. parent, but parent vs. legal stranger. Now you're having to prove that even though the state has not removed them, Mom is unfit anyway. The burden of proof there is massive.

Mom and her attorney will ask for evidence.

Attorney: "they behaved weird at Christmas? That hardly equates to Mom being unfit. So what you're saying is that you can't prove Mom is unfit?, Or are you going to stay with "She's unfit but I didn't do anything at the time"?

(that's assuming it even gets to court)

Then you're wanting to relocate them out of home state, too.

Please tell me you're understanding things so far.
My girlfriend was a defendant against Dad that is imprisononed 25 to like and gramma . I had the same Judge in another county in my custodody battle. NO NONSENCE NO ONE IN THIS COURTROOM IS GOING TO TAKE CUSTODODY OF THIS CHILD > THE MOTHER HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN UNFIT.

END of story. child didn't see inprisoned murderer anymore seen grams and after about the 6 contempt it was done. the damage was already done though.

Hope ya understand about fitness.

Proserpina

My girlfriend was a defendant against Dad that is imprisononed 25 to like and gramma . I had the same Judge in another county in my custodody battle. NO NONSENCE NO ONE IN THIS COURTROOM IS GOING TO TAKE CUSTODODY OF THIS CHILD > THE MOTHER HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN UNFIT.

END of story. child didn't see inprisoned murderer anymore seen grams and after about the 6 contempt it was done. the damage was already done though.

Hope ya understand about fitness.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. :confused:

BL

That's Ok Bottom line is Mom nor Dad has been deemed unfit. On old timer Judge would tell anyone seeking custody, No one is going to ,the parent(s) have NOT been deemed unfit.

BL

I'll try to elaborate if ya can understand . Years ago in my custody/visitation battle I had a Judge last name Shrudder I think the name was. OK yrs later he was a sit in Judge in the county we now live in over my girlfriend's young son at the time . . He's a no nonsense Judge . old timer OK.

probably died by now but trying to look him up.

How about this one ? http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ny-supreme-court-appellate-division/1462950.html

can't find it but subsequently she was to produce the legally aged child or face 30 days in jail. diff. judges of course. for mine after appeals . the initial judge was an ass 2 times at me .
If I knew then what I learned BEFORE sols times run out she could have been charged with a felony and did time. So let's not go there about fitness. Also my x had the local DSS agency wrapped around her finger. She left the dog out in the feezing cold ,neighbors took the dog in . yes I hitch 'd and walked in the winter when I didn't own a car just to visit . lot of emotions but it's the past . Latter in a couple yrs. they knew how she was .I told them you call cps , she's got them convinced I'm the bad guy. Well they did put her on a plan.

Now if Dad or anyone else is that concerned ,make a call.

I just had to sit in the audience seat and shake my head every other word out of the murder father's and his mother's mouth . yeah he murdered a drug acquaintance stuffed m in her 6 month son's closet then later dumped him out on a country rd. hammer n screw driver to the head.. so what's so unfit here ?

Last edited:

BL

BTW my history has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter except if folks are that concerned make a call or have someone outside the household make it that's familiar with the issues. AS I said I have read nothing about Dad trying.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">