• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get my son's social security number for my visitation petition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moving13346

What is the name of your state? Used to be FL now VA

I need to fill out a form and it requires my son's social.

How do I get his social? Do I even have a right to get it?

Thanks

Just Blue

Yes, you have a right to have it....go to the SS office near you and fill out a request form.. it takes only a few min.

Gracie3787

moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? Used to be FL now VA

I need to fill out a form and it requires my son's social.

How do I get his social? Do I even have a right to get it?

Thanks
From your other thread, I'm assuming that you're filling out Florida form 12.905(a) Supplemental Petition To Modify Custody Or Visitation and Other Relief. It states that you also need to file a financial affidavit, a Unform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act ( form 12.902(d) and a Notice of Social Security Numbers- form 12.902(j),

The only one of those forms that asks for SS#s is the notice of SS# on the petition it says that you should file this IF it hasn't already been filed. My guess is that it was probably filed when the original order was made, so I doubt that you need to file it.

You can call the court clerks office and ask them to check to see if there is one in the file, and if there is, for about $1.00 they will send you a copy.

Gracie :)

M

moving13346

Gracie

I also read something about the 12.902 (j) not being important if I am not petitioning for child support related issues (which I am not)

You are correct in that I am filling out the 12.905 (a)

the 902(d) is asking for my son's social security number (from the way that I see it)

I was also wondering about the 12.902(f)(1) It says that I "must" fill this out to....I can't see why, I have been divorced for years....hmmm

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Gracie3787

moving13346 said:
Gracie

I also read something about the 12.902 (j) not being important if I am not petitioning for child support related issues (which I am not)

You are correct in that I am filling out the 12.905 (a)

the 902(d) is asking for my son's social security number (from the way that I see it)

I was also wondering about the 12.902(f)(1) It says that I "must" fill this out to....I can't see why, I have been divorced for years....hmmm

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

The 12.902 (d) asks only for the child's name, place of birth, birth date, sex, and present/past addresses. So I really don't see where you think that it asks for SS #'s.

As for the 12.902(f)(1) :
The only reason that you would need to file this is if you and ex agree on EVERYTHING in the modification petition. My understanding is that your ex will be contesting at least some of it, so you won't need to file it.
(also, if you and ex were to agree, you would have to write up your own settlement using 12.902(f)(1) as a guide.)
Gracie :)

M

moving13346

Gracie

I meant to say that 902(j) asks for my child's social as opposed to 902(d)

Sorry but the overall instructions on the form are so poor with respect to the word "must"

Just burning out a little bit.

I pm'd you by the way, could you please respond?

Thank you all for your assistance so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">