• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i prove....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mypaypal87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illionis

How can I prove that my husband smokes pot? I know I could take a picture of him taking a hit off the bowl but that would be a little obvious. He has drug charges from back in march or april. Would that be to long ago or will that work. He could say he quit or something. And If he did would he have to show proof that he was enrolled in a drug treatment program? And would I win full custody if I proved this?
Also can I get in trouble with the law by taking my daughter across the ill border to wisconsin before I my husband knows? I dont want to be around when he finds out because Im scared of his reaction.

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illionis

How can I prove that my husband smokes pot? I know I could take a picture of him taking a hit off the bowl but that would be a little obvious. He has drug charges from back in march or april. Would that be to long ago or will that work. He could say he quit or something. And If he did would he have to show proof that he was enrolled in a drug treatment program? And would I win full custody if I proved this?
Also can I get in trouble with the law by taking my daughter across the ill border to wisconsin before I my husband knows? I dont want to be around when he finds out because Im scared of his reaction.
you knew your husband smoked pot long before he was charged with anything. yet you stayed with him. if you were that adversed to it, then you should have left him when you found out. now, you might be considered suspect to be using as well. so if you play that card in court, he may be ordered to drug testing and you might be as well. if he smoked around you, it may be in your system.

if you were married at the time your daughter was born, you both have presumed joint custody. if you leave the state, dad can file to have the child brought back.

mypaypal87

Ive been on probation for a few years and drug tested and have came up clean. Its not that im adverse to it...Its just I dont want my kid with a stoner alone. I dont think hes capable of careing for her. He sits at his computer all day and smokes. I dont wanna leave my kid alone with that.

acmb05

Ive been on probation for a few years and drug tested and have came up clean. Its not that im adverse to it...Its just I dont want my kid with a stoner alone. I dont think hes capable of careing for her. He sits at his computer all day and smokes. I dont wanna leave my kid alone with that.
Maybe you should have thought about that BEFORE you spread your legs and procreated.

acmb05

Oh and it is not just your child. I am pretty sure it took both of you to make this child.

2Mistakes

So you have no problem with pot smoking, unless you can use it to keep dad away from kiddo? Nice. :rolleyes:

BL

So you are well versed in street lingo about drugs and have admittedly used as well .

You may get some credit in court for being clean .

You prove Dad uses . Prove Dad is neglecting or abusing the child .

If he has an recent arrest history involving drugs/alcohol , you may get an order whereas Dad is NOT to use prior or doing visits .

As far as leaving State before he knows ?

You are Not going to get Dad out of the picture .

mypaypal87

I'm curious how you would know exactly how he spends the minutes in his day. Serious question.
I am a stay at home mom and he is currently on unemployment because work is slow. Hes a landscaper. Thats how i know how he spends his minutes during the day.
And for all you people above that had to leave a smart a** comment...you dont know half the reason I wanna leave. so keep your comments to yourself.

BL

I am a stay at home mom and he is currently on unemployment because work is slow. Hes a landscaper. Thats how i know how he spends his minutes during the day.
And for all you people above that had to leave a smart a** comment...you dont know half the reason I wanna leave. so keep your comments to yourself.
Tell that to the Judge when you go in front of him or her .

CourtClerk

so keep your comments to yourself.
I'm sure the posters will do that, if you keep YOUR comments to yourself. That means, if you don't post, they won't comment. Once you post a question here, that means you are open to their comments, whether you like them or not.

acmb05

Ummmm I can guess. New boyfriend you met online?

BL

Ummmm I can guess. New boyfriend you met online?
I don't like to speculate , I'd rather depend on the facts , but recently I believe there's some posters that would rather look at the forum as a chat , or just to abuse it .

Just my opinion .

At any rate , if the poster(s) don't like the free advice , they can click on post it to an Attorney .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">