• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I voluntarily make a child a ward of the State?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

I hear your difficulties . That's all the ever want to do is counseling , even if the child is out of control . That's because agency placements do not want to take children with those many problems , but they expect you to keep them home .

I agree however , do not leave him along in that stage . If he were to harm himself , you could find charges against yourself .

Call the police , even though they don't like it . Take him to the ER insist he is out of control and they take him , then refuse to take him home .

I do not think any Judge would hold it against you .

rmet4nzkx

If your child refuses to take his medicaitons , ask his psychiatrist if the medication is available in "Depot" dosage, then he has no control over it, also some medicaitons come as suppositories, that may make him think twice about refusing to take his medication. Report his outbreaks both to the police and to the psychiatrist. Document the damage.

ventuhome

We're praying for you

Mojo we are praying for you. When I told my 11 yr old Asperger's kid about your son, he volunteered to talk to him. When you said lack of empathy, that really set off a light in my head because that is one of the hallmarks of Aspergers. Try calling the local Autism society and see if they can find you an advocate. The other advice being given here is really important; you need to stay safe, and he needs to learn the hard way that he needs to learn self control. Maybe a few months in a mental health behavioral program that recognizes Aspergers. My son also says that he got very little out of counseling, but a lot out of social skills training. Maybe he says "I don't know" because he doesn't know why he is acting this way. He will probably need to be taught how to gauge his interactions with others. My son had no friends until he started going to skills classes with other HFA (high-functioning Autistic) kids. Also I paid an older neighbor kid $5 a week to be his professional friend. Feel free to email me directly, I think you can do so by clicking on "ventuhome".

rmet4nzkx

At least once a week we get questions that in some way relate to Autism Spectrum disorders, often there is some question about diagnosis. These situations often take a different set of rules. There is no way we can have a board for legal issues re ASD but you are not alone. Try locating a support group in your area, often the other parents can be of great assistance in the reality of the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">