• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do You Obtain Police Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chingolina

Recently we went to visit hubby's daughter(6). Ex's oldest daughter (15) mention something about police having to go over because of dispute between BM and Her Seperated Husband. She said this happen often because they argued so much. I wanted to know if there is anyway i can get info on that of obtain police report. If anyone knows how to go about that please Help and Thanks for all and any Input.

Chingolina

Last edited:

CMSC

I don't know how it is in your town but in mine all you have to do is go to the county clerks office and tell them the names of the parties involved and they will turn over all records to you as long as they don't involve a juvenile.

C

Chingolina

What if i don't know the Date Can they do it by the Name Alone?

V

veryconfused

Hi I am in wisconsin & I can find records through the internet by going to circuit courts in the search ! I dont know where u live but type in your state then circuit courts & see what pops up then u can type in last names & the first two letters of first names & then search !! Hope this helps if u want I can maybe help u!!

JETX

Wow, what a confusing reply.... Lets try to clean up all the trash and dirt......

'Veryconfused': I can see why. Your reply has NOTHING to do with the question. You can see online COURT records.... not police records!!!

'Ryry's Mom: Almost right... but not. MOST police reports are not public record (some are). The question is whether a police report was actually made (not all CFS - 'Call for Service'- generate reports).

To the original writer (Chingolina):
Are you (or your husband) related to anyone in that household??? Your post seems to describe an 'ex' step-daughter, which would NOT be related. If relations are resident, contact the local police and explain that you are concerned about the conditions. They will very probably release some specific information (# of calls, etc.) and might even release a copy of any report. However, if the 'case' is still under investigation or you are not related, they will probably refuse your request. BTW, these reports are filed under addresses (and sub-filed under names).

CMSC

Well Halket sorry to provide the poster with trash and dirt, I did state clearly that this was how it was done in MY town and that is how it is done! I have a court case on Monday and I am currently in the process of getting POLICE records and court records on everyone in my ex's household, I have gained access to everyone's records through my local court house. I obtained a data sheet on how many times my ex's mom and boyfriend had been called in to the police on their yelling, screaming, etc. and even though there were no charges pressed I still got the police report on the calls and the police having to go over there. Maybe living in a small town where everyone at the court house knows me makes a difference but I doubt it.
Chingola, call your local sheriffs office and court house and see what you can do, hopefully they will provide you with something other than trash and dirt.

StarsMoon

Police Reports....

I get my research from the internet,too. It is very limited, though. I go to the state in question, find the county I am looking for,(if the county even has a court web page) then type in their names.
Once I find that an incident has occured with the court system, (something(complaint or petition) filed with the county) then I give hubby the info. He calls the county courthouse and explains that he is the father and concerned about the child. They tell him "don't worry about the fee, just give us your mailing addy". We live in different states. And go months W/O hearing from the child or mother. BM won't let child talk to BF. So, when BF does get a hold of BM on the phone, BF threatens her to send the police there to see if child is o.k.. After 4th time, she complied. But, now we can't locate where is and child are living. She's up to something.. She is a very nasty person and don't like officers. They say some reports are $1.00 first page and .25 each other page, this is in Ga. Don't know about your state.
Same thing with being arrested. Then they file a report. If no one is arrested, most of the time, there is no report.
Just like ryry's mom said.
That what you need to do. Only if there is relations.

StarsMoon

Hey there Ryry's Mom.....

You just gave me an idea....:)
I am going to see if Ga does the same thing. The data sheet of where it tells how many times calls were made to the residence. Girl, I like your thinking. Hope all goes well for you, sounds like you have done all your homework.
Let me know if you have anymore gr8 ideas.....
Thanks and god bless you and yours.....

kat1963

Out here it's called a police log. Very easy to obtain, and other information too if you are sugary sweet to the intake clerk (who now knows my name! knew that fake southern accent would eventually charm someone! hehehe) I haven't had a problem obtaining any records from the police or the courts. It's just a royal pain because of the distance. That is soon to change here in VA...right now there is a pilot program that I just happened (shhhhh) to find where they are setting free internet searches for court records, criminal, law, chancery, civil, even traffic and judgements (active, inactive and current) I'm so thrilled I just might offer to imput data for free....okay, maybe not free. If anyone wants the URL, e-mail me please, also, NC also has a free database though not as comprehensive.
KAT

C

Chingolina

Hello all and thanks for the reply's to Halket Yes he is the daughter of the 6 year old how ever when we went to visit the whole family went along and the ex's other daughter mention the police being there. i reside in tx the ex is in IA:

Chingolina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">