• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you write up a child custody agreement???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinalr0384

Ok so first i have a question what is the child abandonment law im the state of Pennsylvania??Like im talking about if one of the parents relocates but keeps in contact(like visiting on holidays and such and whenever possible,and still helping out financally that isnt considered abandonment is it??

Also i want to know how do u write up a child custody agreement especially if the person lives/is moving to another state?Is it something that the mom and dad can write on their own and have someone witness it like a notary??? Or does it have to be done legally like by a lawyer???I honestly hate doing things the legal way i feel we should be mature enough and be able to come up with a agreement ourselfes.

Ok so first i have a question what is the child abandonment law im the state of Pennsylvania??Like im talking about if one of the parents relocates but keeps in contact(like visiting on holidays and such and whenever possible,and still helping out financally that isnt considered abandonment is it??

Also i want to know how do u write up a child custody agreement especially if the person lives/is moving to another state?Is it something that the mom and dad can write on their own and have someone witness it like a notary??? Or does it have to be done legally like by a lawyer???I honestly hate doing things the legal way i feel we should be mature enough and be able to come up with a agreement ourselfes.
You call an attorney.
You don't seem capable to do this without one.

Also, if you do try to write one yourself, please type in the word "like" as much as possible.

Isis1

really? you like doing things illegally?:eek:

long distance parenting plan. google deltabravo.net.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Yeah! Because, I mean, like, why would one want to be, like, legal?!?

Tinalr0384

HAHAHA you guys are HILARIOUS!!!! Using the word like is a bad habit of mine i am sorry alright but i was being serious when asking this and i end up getting mocked.I did not mean i like doing illegal things LoL.People come up with agreements on their own not everything had to be done through a attorney i just thought i could get some useful info off of here boy was i wrong.

Isis1

HAHAHA you guys are HILARIOUS!!!! Using the word like is a bad habit of mine i am sorry alright but i was being serious when asking this and i end up getting mocked.I did not mean i like doing illegal things LoL.People come up with agreements on their own not everything had to be done through a attorney i just thought i could get some useful info off of here boy was i wrong.
so your not interested in checking out long distance parenting plans on deltabravo.net

janM

No, it's not.

You can come up with an agreement and have it notarized, but for it to be binding, it would have to be filed with the court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
See, the problem is that your fancy little "agreement" that is not done through "legal channels" (ie: court) means diddly squat. You NEED to do things properly, for the sake of your child(ren).

OH, Lighten up Francis! You weren't wrong. You just made it tooooo easy to make fun.:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">