• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does temporary Custody hearing work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What if she doesnt show up?

So what if she no shows? Being that there is no paternity. A Default order would be bupkiss wouldnt it?

She'd goto jail (possibly) and my daughter would end up in DCF care. Am I assuming this correctly or am I being paranoid/nuts now?

proud_parent

So what if she no shows? Being that there is no paternity. A Default order would be bupkiss wouldnt it?

She'd goto jail (possibly) and my daughter would end up in DCF care. Am I assuming this correctly or am I being paranoid/nuts now?
You're assuming far too much.

Based on what you have posted, your ex would not be jailed for failing to appear. She has not been charged with a crime, and according to you she is no longer on probation.

You really ought to address these questions to your attorney.

Today is the day

Well, my hearing is this afternoon, so we shall see. I had a meeting with my lawyer yesterday and he feels quite optomistic w/ all things being considered, but who knows. His job is to reassure his clients I'm sure.

If anyone reading this are praying people, then please pray for me and wish me luck. I'll post the end results (generalization) later on today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">