• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to fight, Department of Social Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbowman

To all the posters on this thread that are solution based - offering assistance, kudos to you!

To all those that want to harp on what a craptastic parent this mom may or may not be, please realize, the IQ there may not be as high as yours - as evidenced by some of the answers and the actions taken etc. Talking a bunch of crap to someone about things that happened in the past - to someone that just might not have the same intelligence as yourself is pretty craptastic in itself.

Mom, if you want to help, go to the website offered by WittyUserName - at least start there.

mistoffolees

To all those that want to harp on what a craptastic parent this mom may or may not be, please realize, the IQ there may not be as high as yours - as evidenced by some of the answers and the actions taken etc. Talking a bunch of crap to someone about things that happened in the past - to someone that just might not have the same intelligence as yourself is pretty craptastic in itself..
No one ever said that low IQ automatically makes someone a bad parent. But in this case, Grandma's own description of Mom shows that she's unfit as a parent - combined with the Social Services report that says the same thing.

In fact, there's an example right in front of us - Grandma is writing at roughly a 7th grade level, yet no one suggested that Mom should have been taken from her. If she was able to provide proper care for the child, she should have been (and was) allowed.

There is a very strong bias here that kids should be raised by competent adults who care for them. Sorry, but I can't justify leaving kids with someone who is incapable of taking care of them. Someone has to speak for the kids.

Now, if Grandma and/or Social Services and/or the organization for mentally challenged individuals can put together a care plan to ensure that the children are properly cared for, that's great - and should be implemented. I just don't see any sign that it's going to happen. Grandma is busy pretending that there's nothing wrong with Mom and Mom is apparently too busy breeding to clean her house.

Just Blue

Yea, I wonder that myself. Haven't seen them since she told them she got pregnant. :rolleyes:
Social Services is having a hard time locating them since they moved from the area.
Yup. What a surprise. How well you are looking after this developmental child. Congrats.

jbowman

No one ever said that low IQ automatically makes someone a bad parent. But in this case, Grandma's own description of Mom shows that she's unfit as a parent - combined with the Social Services report that says the same thing.

In fact, there's an example right in front of us - Grandma is writing at roughly a 7th grade level, yet no one suggested that Mom should have been taken from her. If she was able to provide proper care for the child, she should have been (and was) allowed.

There is a very strong bias here that kids should be raised by competent adults who care for them. Sorry, but I can't justify leaving kids with someone who is incapable of taking care of them. Someone has to speak for the kids.

Now, if Grandma and/or Social Services and/or the organization for mentally challenged individuals can put together a care plan to ensure that the children are properly cared for, that's great - and should be implemented. I just don't see any sign that it's going to happen. Grandma is busy pretending that there's nothing wrong with Mom and Mom is apparently too busy breeding to clean her house.
Mist, your "example" is exactly what I am referring to. Mom is not capable - granted. Maybe Mom's MOM lacks some things also. Maybe Mom's mom isnt pretending. Anyone think of that? There may be some lack of understanding here. Have compassion. Quit beating her up - just direct her. There are some people that might deserve to be s*** on (trying to weasel out of CS, interfering 3rd parties etc) but jeesh, what is going on in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">