• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to go about getting parental rights back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SJLNAD05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

Well the foster mother that has my 3 kids is a family member and my husband and I know that there was some sexual abuse with one of my kids within her house and this happened one week after we went to court and signed the TPR papers. That situation was taken care of. But now we think there is physical abuse is now going on. We don't want to call DCF because we want the kids to stay together and we still want to be able to see the kids. We just need some advise on what to do? Or how do we go about trying to get our rights back? :confused:

Silverplum

Well the foster mother that has my 3 kids is a family member and my husband and I know that there was some sexual abuse with one of my kids within her house and this happened one week after we went to court and signed the TPR papers. That situation was taken care of. But now we think there is physical abuse is now going on. We don't want to call DCF because we want the kids to stay together and we still want to be able to see the kids. We just need some advise on what to do? Or how do we go about trying to get our rights back? :confused:
You can't get your rights back. According to you, they're gone. (See bolded.)

You can call DCF.

Isis1

i'm confused. you'd rather the children stay in the same home and continue to be abused so you can show up whenever you feel like it? these are no longer your children. not anymore. you will never get them back, you gave them up voluntarily.

advice, be an adult. call DCF.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">