• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can he drag this out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aliyah's mom

What is the name of your state? FL, NCP in Iowa

We were scheduled for mediation today, Tuesday. I get a call Friday afternoon from my lawyer that he (dad) is trying to reschedule, because his car is broke down and he cant afford to rent a car or fly. Now it has been rescheduled for March 8. First of all he never drives from Iowa to Florida. The few times he has come, he always flew.

I filed for child support through CFS back in October 2002 because I havent received anything since 1998. He counterfiled for visitation (although he has never been denied). I hired a lawyer in March 2003 who refiled the original petition to include visitation issues.

My lawyer opposed the delay to March 8, because she said he could appear by phone. But the mediatior let hom cancel for today.

How long can he make this go on before it gets to a judge? He was just here at Christmas time (he flew down).

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">