• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do you wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wileybunch

I am not certain, but I don't know that YOU have a contempt cause of action against him for not taking the class that the courts require of individuals, probably by statute. The judge can find him in contempt, but you wouldn't be the injured party, the state would, and he would owe the fine (or whatever the punishment is) to the state.

onebreath

Perhaps the best thing is , is to pursue a contempt of court order...at the same time stating to the judge that you do not intend to halt the father and child relationship, but state what it is you want for them (what is it you DO want besides a record?)...I understand your point, but its slightly contradictory...are you wanting to ask for limitations on the visitation until dad finishes the parenting class? To show his responsibility?

LdiJ

Perhaps the best thing is , is to pursue a contempt of court order...at the same time stating to the judge that you do not intend to halt the father and child relationship, but state what it is you want for them (what is it you DO want besides a record?)...I understand your point, but its slightly contradictory...are you wanting to ask for limitations on the visitation until dad finishes the parenting class? To show his responsibility?
She wants dad to follow the court orders. So far, he isn't following any of them. He isn't paying his child support, he hasn't paid a medical bill that he was ordered to pay, and he isn't doing what the judge ordered him to do, in order to have his visitation (which she has stated that she doesn't want to take away from him).

Basically, she wants him to take the class. She wants him to know what it takes to be a good co-parent, and the class is where he is going to learn that.

I think that she needs to file for contempt, to bring it to the judge's attention that he has still not taken the class.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">