• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does PA Judge have to make final custody decision?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pafather7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My ex-wife and I have been involved in the same custody dispute for over two years. Over the span of those two years, we only officially had three court hearings. I have already been told that my rights were violated on this issue because it's taken so long (I also went over a year with absolutely no contact with my children because of the hearings and my ex's false accusations, some of which landed her with contempt of court charges), but I never chose to have an expedited hearing because my attorney and I deduced from the judge's attitude that this would piss him off (and who wants to piss the judge off?). Anyway, our "final" court hearing was in Feb. 2010. At that time, the judge told us he had 60 days to make his decision. So I was thinking I'll know what's going on when two months are up and nothing ever comes in the mail. Then I find out he has 15 days to file and enter his decision. So I wait 15 more days, still nothing. It's now been 85 days since my hearing and I have yet to hear anything. My lawyer hasn't received anything, no faxes, no phone calls, nothing. So my question is, just how long does a judge in Pennsylvania have to notify the two parties about his custody decision? This is getting ridiculous (well, it's been ridiculous for a while now actually!).What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">