• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many bedrooms per Child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mncook

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows the law, (or where I could find it) that states how many rooms there must be for how many children there are.
My neice and nephew are living with me, and we have a court date to try to get custody removed from the mother (she left them nearly a year ago but recently started weekly supervised visits). She has said that she wants the kids back. Social Services said that she has a really small apartment, I'm not sure how many rooms yet. Someone told me that there has to be so many rooms for how many kids they are. I would assume that her apartment has 1 or 2 bedrooms (but she may also have a roommate). The mother is also pregnant again. Also, after what age are a brother and sister not allowed to share a room?

Thanks!

CJane

Someone told me that there has to be so many rooms for how many kids they are. I would assume that her apartment has 1 or 2 bedrooms (but she may also have a roommate). The mother is also pregnant again. Also, after what age are a brother and sister not allowed to share a room?

Thanks!
Someone was incorrect.

Section 8 has guidelines by which they determine how many rooms your voucher is for - and that's based on gender of children/age of children/etc. There is not a statute in any state that specifies # of bedrooms/child.

Family services will ALWAYS be interested in reunification. If mom is complying with a case plan NOW, you are unlikely to be awarded custody.

I am a single mother of 3. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment. My children who are 10 (girl) 7 (girl) and almost 2 (boy) all share a room. It has not been and will not be a factor in determining custody.

Neither is poverty or home ownership vs renting or the need of welfare or ability to provide health insurance or a stable job, or having a roommate, or the fact that you attend church 5 times a week while Mom worships Isis at a basement alter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">