• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to request dna test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Godisluv

What is the name of your state? florida

:confused: :confused:

My husband had a court hearing toay, to request a DNA test on 2 kids, because the mom of the kids had told him that thye weren't his, the grandma has the kids now, which my husband didn't even know about it. The judge only granted DNA test for one since he had signed the birth certificate of one of the kids, but he has doubts. Is there anything that he can do to test the kid that is not getting the DNA test? Also could he get custody of them? Would a record of possession of mariguana affect him from getting them? He hasn't been in any trouble and has been clean in 6 years, he is a really good father to our kids and I know he could be to them too. Anyone knows where we could get an attorney that doesn't charge too much? Legal aid won't help him.
PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME ADVICE
THANK YOU

Last edited:

LdiJ

MY HUSBAND HAD A COURT HEARING TODAY, TO REQUEST A DNA TEST ON 2 KIDS, BECAUSE THE MOM OF THE KIDS HAD TOLD HIM THAT THEY WERENT HIS, THE GRANDMA HAS THE KIDS NOW. THE JUDGE ONLY GRANDTED DNA TEST FOR ONE SINCE HE HAD SIGN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE OTHER KID, BUT HE HAS DOUBTS. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT HE CAN DO TO TEST THE KID THAT IS NOT GETTING THE DNA? ALSO COULD HE GET CUSTODY OF THEM IF THEY ARE HIS? AND WOULD A RECORD OF POSSESION OF MARIGUANA EFFECT HIM FROM GETTING THEM? HE HASN'T BEEN IN ANY TROUBLE IN 6 YEARS, HE IS A REALLY GOOD FATHER TO OUR KIDS AND HE COULD BE TO THE OTHERS TOO. ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WE COULD GET AN ATTORNEY THAT DOESN'T CHARGE TO MUCH(CAN'T REALLY AFFORD ONE)?
THANK YOU
Please turn off the all caps. It makes your post very difficult to read.

If the children are his, (or legally his in the case of one of the children) then of course he would have standing to file for custody. However, if he is a stranger to the children at this point, he would not be guaranteed to win.

He would however be pretty much guaranteed to receive visitation/parenting time.

Gracie3787

MY HUSBAND HAD A COURT HEARING TODAY, TO REQUEST A DNA TEST ON 2 KIDS, BECAUSE THE MOM OF THE KIDS HAD TOLD HIM THAT THEY WERENT HIS, THE GRANDMA HAS THE KIDS NOW. THE JUDGE ONLY GRANDTED DNA TEST FOR ONE SINCE HE HAD SIGN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE OTHER KID, BUT HE HAS DOUBTS. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT HE CAN DO TO TEST THE KID THAT IS NOT GETTING THE DNA? ALSO COULD HE GET CUSTODY OF THEM IF THEY ARE HIS? AND WOULD A RECORD OF POSSESION OF MARIGUANA EFFECT HIM FROM GETTING THEM? HE HASN'T BEEN IN ANY TROUBLE IN 6 YEARS, HE IS A REALLY GOOD FATHER TO OUR KIDS AND HE COULD BE TO THE OTHERS TOO. ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WE COULD GET AN ATTORNEY THAT DOESN'T CHARGE TO MUCH(CAN'T REALLY AFFORD ONE)?
THANK YOU
There isn't anything he can do to get a court to order DNA testing on the child that legal paternity has already been established for. This is one of the huge reasons that an umarried man should never simply sign an AOP/birth certificate unless he is sure that he's the bio dad and never plans to ask for a DNA later.

It is difficult to find an attorney, has he checked with legal aid? Or, if he has to handle this pro-se he should get a consult with an attorney to know what to do. He can get a low cost consult by calling the Fl Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">