• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to subpeona records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawn112

Ohio

What would we need to do to subpeona records from children services?
The father lives in South Carolina and the mother lives in Ohio.

Could these records be used for child custody issues to help prove mother unfit?

Zephyr

dawn112 said:
Ohio

What would we need to do to subpeona records from children services?
The father lives in South Carolina and the mother lives in Ohio.

Could these records be used for child custody issues to help prove mother unfit?
is there currently an open case where these records would be pertinent?

dawn112

I don,t know if the case was closed or not. Children services wont even return phone calls anymore. I asked caseworker to check if childs teeth were ever taken care of, she never called me back.

Zephyr

dawn112 said:
I don,t know if the case was closed or not. Children services wont even return phone calls anymore. I asked caseworker to check if childs teeth were ever taken care of, she never called me back.

no not an open case with dss, is there currently and open case regarding custody, that you would use the evidence gained by the subpoena in?

VA_Mom

I didn't think children services/caseworkers could discuss children's records.

Possibly so if the parent has joint custody but for some reason I thought that information was private.

Zephyr

VA_Mom said:
I didn't think children services/caseworkers could discuss children's records.

Possibly so if the parent has joint custody but for some reason I thought that information was private.
however, if there were an open case for custody, a GAL would certainly have every reason to want to see those records

dawn112

No There is not an open case yet. There was no divorce yet. He has Two of the children with him because the mother thought she was going to jail and gave him them. The 4 year old is still here in ohio and he needs to get her to. I guess he would have to prove her unfit, I am very concerned for this childs safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">