• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How worried should I be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HowDidIGetHere

What is the name of your state? Oh

I have a long and drawn out story but I will try to keep it short. (and hope the husband doesn't know about this site)

My husband was/is having an affair. We came to a joint agreement last March .. it was just filed and not legally valid yet. He allowed me to move with our daughter to another state. He has suddenly started talking about not following the custody agreement we made. He talks about taking our preschool age daughter for one year and me keeping her for one year. I was a stay home mom until he asked for some time apart. He asked me to take my daughter with me out of state. The only proof that I have of that is an email thanking me for taking her and giving him some time.

My biggest concern is my job .. I work strange hours and don't know just how much that could factor in. She is not in daycare but stays with her grandparents while I work. I will be calling my attorney first thing in the morning also.

LdiJ

HowDidIGetHere said:
What is the name of your state? Oh

I have a long and drawn out story but I will try to keep it short. (and hope the husband doesn't know about this site)

My husband was/is having an affair. We came to a joint agreement last March .. it was just filed and not legally valid yet. He allowed me to move with our daughter to another state. He has suddenly started talking about not following the custody agreement we made. He talks about taking our preschool age daughter for one year and me keeping her for one year. I was a stay home mom until he asked for some time apart. He asked me to take my daughter with me out of state. The only proof that I have of that is an email thanking me for taking her and giving him some time.

My biggest concern is my job .. I work strange hours and don't know just how much that could factor in. She is not in daycare but stays with her grandparents while I work. I will be calling my attorney first thing in the morning also.
Do talk to your attorney. You do have a filed agreement and its probably too late for him to change his mind. Although I have heard of at least one case where a judge ordered every other year custody, its very very unlikely that a judge would order something like that, because its just not the best thing for a child. Since you were a stay at home mom you were obviously the primary parent therefore its very unlikely that you would lose primary custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">