• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband again threatens me thru email

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kfiske66

EX Husband again threatens me thru email

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. My EX husband seems to think he can take me to court to have me cover half the travel costs from now on. He currently makes us pay for unaccompanied minor and baggage costs then he may send money back with my son if he has it but he failed to do it one time before. He threatens me and my new husband almost every time thru email. Like How he will come down here personally & tell us what he thinks of our parenting skills. What is that all about? We try as parents we do and we know we are not perfect. But does he have a leg to stand on with these allegations? Take us to court to make us start paying to see him. Also I need to know what the age is for a child to be able to move witht he NON-custodial parent? Is it 15 or 18? thanks

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Who created the distance, and how long ago? Your son gets to make that choice when he's an adult.

And... NO parent is perfect.

xylene

Lay meaning of threat vs. legal reality.

From what you have stated, NO THREATS have been made

Lets differentiate with a hypothetical examples:

"I'll cut with my knife, here is a picture of it. Looks sharp doesn't it."

A good example of something that is clearly a Threat

---

Here is what you have

I hate the way you raise our son, and I disagree with how we handle the visitation cost. I am going file a motion and take you to court.

Not a threat.

Get over the notion that you have been threatened. It hasn't happened and thus it has no bearing on your case.

When you call something a threat and it clearly isn't your standing to call the other parent unreasonable takes a nose dive.

ecmst12

You should stop letting your ex's intimidating talk get to you. He's only doing it to upset you and do have power over you. If he says he's going to take you to court, tell him to go ahead, since there is apparently nothing he can use to get a change in custody and the judge will laugh at him. Threatening to show up at your house and yell at you? Sounds pretty empty to me, and if he DID try such a stunt you could get him arrested for tresspassing. Quit letting yourself be bullied, grow some ovaries!

CJane

Is Dad the custodial parent?

Also? I'm going to assume you mean EX HUSBAND...

My husbadn seems to think he can take me to court to have me cover half the travel costs from now on. He currently makes us pay for unaccompanied minor and baggage costs then he may send money back with my son if he has it but he failed to do it one time before. He threatens me and my new husband almost every time thru email.

nextwife

He currently makes us pay for unaccompanied minor and baggage costs then he may send money back with my son if he has it but he failed to do it one time before.
He doesn't make "US" do anything. Legally, there is only you and dad in this. There is no us, unless you mean you and the child.

Is dad the NCP? Is there an order for CS that you are paying?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">