• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Don't know what to do anymore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C_Nolasco

What is the name of your state? I now reside in the town of Florence Oregon.
My ex girlfriend and I had seperated in July of 2007. I had left Sacramento California to Florence Oregon to search for a better life where I could be able to care for my 3 year old son and myself. I did not want to take him with me at the time because I was leaving state. I wanted to take him with me though but I know I would have been in trouble. I met someone and married. Now she will not let me see my son or have any visitation with him. That was in september of 2007. What can I do to get my son?

Last edited:

Perky

My ex girlfriend and I had seperated in July of 2007. I had left Sacramento California to Florence Oregon to search for a better life where I could be able to care for my 3 year old son. at the time everything had been good between my ex and I until I had met someone and Married. Now she will not let me see my son or have any visitation with him. That was in september of 2007. What can I do to get my son?
So, you met and married someone else while you were looking for a better life for your girlfriend and son. I hope you haven't forgotten to support your son in the meantime.

To 'get your son' may be difficult, since you left him living with his mother 9 months ago. You can certainly get visitation, but you may have to establish paternity first. Or have you?

LdiJ

My ex girlfriend and I had seperated in July of 2007. I had left Sacramento California to Florence Oregon to search for a better life where I could be able to care for my 3 year old son and myself. I did not want to take him with me at the time because I was leaving state. I wanted to take him with me though but I know I would have been in trouble. I met someone and married. Now she will not let me see my son or have any visitation with him. That was in september of 2007. What can I do to get my son?
You can't "get your son". You left the state and left him with his mother. She is his primary custodian on a default basis.

You can however get parenting time with your son and joint legal custody (joint decision making) You will have to file in Sacremento, because CA has jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">