• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't want to leave my children! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jthomson7844

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I told my wife that I want a divorce, and I need help.

She threatened to move from Tampa, FL to Jacksonville, FL if I follow through with it. I am a faithful, caring husband, and my wife constantly accuses me of having an affair. We haven't been intamite for nearly 15 months, (we have a 5 month old). She refuses to talk to anyone, a counselor or even her doctor. I don't know what else to do about this. This is a min. 3-1/2 hr to 4 hour drive. I can't be more than ten minutes away from my kids! It will kill me.

Someone told me that there is a 3 county rule in FL, is this true, and what does that really mean? I think that I can get "joint custody", but I don't know what the law is on that and what that really means. I really just want to be happy and spend my life with my 2 children. I am officially scared and need help....any advice would be appreciated.

BL

Consult with a Family Law Attorney for a small Fee .

You sure she isn't having an affair ?

What makes her think you are ?

You can always consult a marriage councilor yourself you know to get some impute . Who knows , it might help .

jthomson7844 said:
Someone told me that there is a 3 county rule in FL, is this true, and what does that really mean? I think that I can get "joint custody", but I don't know what the law is on that and what that really means. I really just want to be happy and spend my life with my 2 children. I am officially scared and need help....any advice would be appreciated.

I am in Hillsborough County as well, and am going through a divorce. There is no 3 county rule. Once divorce proceedings begin, BOTH parties will be issued a Standing Temporary Order, which will prevent the removal of minor children from the county for residential/jurisdiction purposes until permanent orders are in place. You will be able to contest a move like that through the courts. The courts are backed up approximately 9 or more months. I filed in Nov. 2004 and our case will not be heard until Aug. 2005 http://jud13.flcourts.org/pdfs/family/StandingTempOrderWithMinorKidsOrd.pdf#search='shared%20parental%20responsibility%20guidelines%20hillsborough%20county,%20florida'

Your best bet is to consult with an attorney to see all of your options.

LdiJ

jthomson7844 said:

I told my wife that I want a divorce, and I need help.

She threatened to move from Tampa, FL to Jacksonville, FL if I follow through with it. I am a faithful, caring husband, and my wife constantly accuses me of having an affair. We haven't been intamite for nearly 15 months, (we have a 5 month old). She refuses to talk to anyone, a counselor or even her doctor. I don't know what else to do about this. This is a min. 3-1/2 hr to 4 hour drive. I can't be more than ten minutes away from my kids! It will kill me.

You know...if you are NOT having an affair and you want to remain with your children then marriage counseling might be a wise move. At this point you are the one who wants the divorce....so you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">