• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have physical custody, what do I do to get sole legal and sole physical back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommy711

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Still working on the medical records.

I have physical custody of my daughter, but I don't have a CO giving me legal custody. Dad is going to be charged, but I don't know with what or when. According to the victim's advocate's office recomendations from CPS have already been turned over to the DA.

I know that civil court and criminal court are 2 different things. What do I need to do to insure that I get legal custody? Do I have to wait for dad to be found guilty and sentenced, or can I do something more now?

I will ask CPS also, but will they make our daughter testify if her dad has a trial? They have recorded all questioning of her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think you are moving a tad quick here. Concentrate first and foremost on your daughter. And come back when things have settled the heck down.

LdiJ

I think you are moving a tad quick here. Concentrate first and foremost on your daughter. And come back when things have settled the heck down.
I agree. You also need to see what actually happens with dad. Keep your daughter in counseling and focus on helping her, in the meantime.

GrandmaOH

How many other times has he been reported, but the da refused to file charges, or CPS didn't do anything? Is she seeing the same therapist that she was seeing at the time of the other reports? Were you able to get a doctor's verification of any physical proof?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">