• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I miscarried , did not give birth. How can the father of the dead baby file for baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sage78

Canada--- BC Law...

I did not give birth to a baby yet I have been served with papers to determine custody and paternity. How can he file if no baby was born, even if one was not born yet had I carried to term?? Doesn't he have to have proof like a birth certificate with the babies name since even an unborn child is not considered a child until born? We did not live together nor were we married. We dated for a few months and the pill failed. What sort of information is he looking for by filing and how can he?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

modad75

and I'm pretty sure miscarriages don't count anyways. It has to be considered a stillbirth, which is delivering past 20 weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">