• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need some help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnnyhnieves

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

I have join legal custody with my daughter and her mother has sole physical custody my visitation days are every other Thursday to Saturday from 6pm -6 pm and every other Friday to Saturday from 6pm to 6 pm i have been getting my visitation denied for the last month she has been bring her at 10pm when she to be there a 6 to now flat out not letting me get her this week i have already put in a court petition and the court date is June 1 she message me and told me she will be moving from her house on may 2ed but will not tell me where she is going i have a very strong feeling she will take my daughter and leave the state but i don't have court till June 1st and she will be leaving on may 2ed what do i do ? my mother says next time i get my daughter dont give her back till after we go to court can i get in trouble for that ? please if any one can help i would greatly appreciate it

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

I have join legal custody with my daughter and her mother has sole physical custody my visitation days are every other Thursday to Saturday from 6pm -6 pm and every other Friday to Saturday from 6pm to 6 pm i have been getting my visitation denied for the last month she has been bring her at 10pm when she to be there a 6 to now flat out not letting me get her this week i have already put in a court petition and the court date is June 1 she message me and told me she will be moving from her house on may 2ed but will not tell me where she is going i have a very strong feeling she will take my daughter and leave the state but i don't have court till June 1st and she will be leaving on may 2ed what do i do ? my mother says next time i get my daughter dont give her back till after we go to court can i get in trouble for that ? please if any one can help i would greatly appreciate it

Stop listening to your Mother - she's treating your child like a toy to be passed around.

You have a court order, and you've got a date in June. You can try to get an emergency hearing before then if you can show that Mom's a flight risk - but outside on that, if you want to play games you'll both end up in trouble.

johnnyhnieves

Stop listening to your Mother - she's treating your child like a toy to be passed around.

You have a court order, and you've got a date in June. You can try to get an emergency hearing before then if you can show that Mom's a flight risk - but outside on that, if you want to play games you'll both end up in trouble.

so if i just deal with it for now and keep doing everything the legal way would be better for me ?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
so if i just deal with it for now and keep doing everything the legal way would be better for me ?
Well.... yes.

You really need a lawyer. I'd tell your Mom to either help you pay for one or butt out - she is going to hurt your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">