• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was never served papers notifying me of a custody hearing?? What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

childessmommy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My child's father and I were never married, we went to mediation, that did not work and the case was to go before a judge in Wake County, I was never notified of the hearing by the courts. My ex told me there was a hearing, I searched the court calendars online and found nothing, I was never served with anything so I took it that he was trying to scare me into signing a custody agreement that granted him primary custody, which he has tried to do before. Now I find out the judge made his ruling (by calling the court house) and still have not received anything from the courts. Her paternal grandmother and father are alienating me from my child she doesn't talk to me, doesn't listen or respect me. I supported her 6 years with out child support, provided shelter, food, clothing, fun,health insurance. She is with her paternal grandmother more than she spends time with her father, and 95% more than me. Her father was abusive to me in our relationship and his mother is the one that is raising child not myself or him. What can I do?? This hurts so bad please help!!

Trying to reclaim what was stolen

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My child's father and I were never married, we went to mediation, that did not work and the case was to go before a judge in Wake County, I was never notified of the hearing by the courts. My ex told me there was a hearing, I searched the court calendars online and found nothing, I was never served with anything so I took it that he was trying to scare me into signing a custody agreement that granted him primary custody, which he has tried to do before. Now I find out the judge made his ruling (by calling the court house) and still have not received anything from the courts. Her paternal grandmother and father are alienating me from my child she doesn't talk to me, doesn't listen or respect me. I supported her 6 years with out child support, provided shelter, food, clothing, fun,health insurance. She is with her paternal grandmother more than she spends time with her father, and 95% more than me. Her father was abusive to me in our relationship and his mother is the one that is raising child not myself or him. What can I do?? This hurts so bad please help!!

Trying to reclaim what was stolen
You go down to the courthouse and take a look at the file. If there were orders made, then you file a motion to vacate the orders based on the fact that you were never notified of the hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">