• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want my kids back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendycangel

ala was divorced 1 yr ago he got house cuz i didnt want it i had no family in that county so i moved close to my mom he got house when we went to court we have 2yr old & 4yr old the court gave him custody of kids cuz he was settled and had the house the judge said we are both fit parents my ex just able to provide stable home well its been a yr and i am married again have a house and a stable job and want my kids back i cant talk to my ex cuz hes fight tooth and nail to keep our kids can anyone help me and guide me in the right direction on getting my angels back

L

LadyBlu

wendycangel said:
ala was divorced 1 yr ago he got house cuz i didnt want it i had no family in that county so i moved close to my mom he got house when we went to court we have 2yr old & 4yr old the court gave him custody of kids cuz he was settled and had the house the judge said we are both fit parents my ex just able to provide stable home well its been a yr and i am married again have a house and a stable job and want my kids back i cant talk to my ex cuz hes fight tooth and nail to keep our kids can anyone help me and guide me in the right direction on getting my angels back
"Usually" You would need to show a change of circumstances on the part of the CP. But if the judge awarded ex custody because he was more stable with a home, then you should consult with a couple of atty's in your area to see what the chances would be of you gaining custody of the children. Also, if you were ordered to pay support, and was granted visitation, these are major factors.. Your support would need to be current and there would need to be constant contact with the children...

Good Luck to you... also, the atty's consults are usually free..

LegalBeagle

LadyBlu said:
wendycangel said:
"Usually" You would need to show a change of circumstances on the part of the CP. But if the judge awarded ex custody because he was more stable with a home, then you should consult with a couple of atty's in your area to see what the chances would be of you gaining custody of the children. Also, if you were ordered to pay support, and was granted visitation, these are major factors.. Your support would need to be current and there would need to be constant contact with the children...

Good Luck to you... also, the atty's consults are usually free..
I have to disagree with you here babe.. one parent suddenly becoming stable is not sufficent grounds for a change in circumstances to warrent a successful petition. I mean, the judge awarded custody because of the stability issue, he is now not going to rip the children out of one home into the other just because the mother is 'more' stable than the father. Our poster needs to show why the father should NOT have custody, not why she should.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">