• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Want To Win My Kids Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moralesamber90

(Lousiana)My Husband Already Took Me To Court And He Won The Kids. Well We Have Joint But Since He Gets To Decide Everything It Feels More Like Full Custody! To Me I Dont Think It Was A Fair Fight I Want To Win My Kids Back Or Atleast Get Better Visitation Rights Since Im Moving Away To Texas. My Kids Are 1 and 2 So there still not in school and i cant be coming back and froth every 2 weeks..!! I Did Mess Up Because i got pregnant before our divorce ever went through but i did not cheat this happened after we were seperated!! I Left him because he would hit me and he wasnt working and living with his parents!! I Left To work in mississippi with my father who is a superintendent for iberville insulations! It Was the only way i could get money for my kids and help my husband out with the bills!! Please i just need some advice i want to win my kids back!

Antigone*

(Lousiana)My Husband Already Took Me To Court And He Won The Kids. Well We Have Joint But Since He Gets To Decide Everything It Feels More Like Full Custody! To Me I Dont Think It Was A Fair Fight I Want To Win My Kids Back Or Atleast Get Better Visitation Rights Since Im Moving Away To Texas. My Kids Are 1 and 2 So there still not in school and i cant be coming back and froth every 2 weeks..!! I Did Mess Up Because i got pregnant before our divorce ever went through but i did not cheat this happened after we were seperated!! I Left him because he would hit me and he wasnt working and living with his parents!! I Left To work in mississippi with my father who is a superintendent for iberville insulations! It Was the only way i could get money for my kids and help my husband out with the bills!! Please i just need some advice i want to win my kids back!
Kids are not a game...they are not won.

Don't bank on "winning" anything if you are planning on leaving the state. You'll have to do that without the kids.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
(Lousiana)My Husband Already Took Me To Court And He Won The Kids. Well We Have Joint But Since He Gets To Decide Everything It Feels More Like Full Custody! To Me I Dont Think It Was A Fair Fight I Want To Win My Kids Back Or Atleast Get Better Visitation Rights Since Im Moving Away To Texas.
Why are you moving? If you move you are not going to get MORE visitation. You may see your children LESS OFTEN for longer periods of time most likely. However children are NOT prizes. It wasn't a fair fight? Why not?
My Kids Are 1 and 2 So there still not in school and i cant be coming back and froth every 2 weeks..!!
Well this is NOT about you. It is about the children.
I Did Mess Up Because i got pregnant before our divorce ever went through but i did not cheat this happened after we were seperated!!
You did cheat if you were pregnant by some other guy BEFORE you were divorced from your husband. That is the very definition and evidence of adultery.

I Left him because he would hit me and he wasnt working and living with his parents!!
You left him and did you leave the children there? Did you have proof that he hit you? Ever call the police? Get a restraining order? Do anything about the situation except leave?

I Left To work in mississippi with my father who is a superintendent for iberville insulations!
And? There were no jobs ANYWHERE in Louisiana?
It Was the only way i could get money for my kids and help my husband out with the bills!! Please i just need some advice i want to win my kids back!
You need to realize that it is NOT about you. You need to prove a substantial change in circumstance in the life of the children since dad was awarded custody. You also need to realize that moving out of state to Texas is NOT going to help your cause. You most likely will not be getting custody at this juncture.

Proserpina

The judge obviously thought Dad would be the better provider - so what has changed?

Do you expect Dad to suffer because you're choosing to move away from your children?

sometwo

You want your kids more and you want to be more apart of their life but are complaining becaue your moving away and won't be able to come back everytime for your visitation as it stands now?

Doesn't make sense does it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">