• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal immigrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saphire1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Vermont

My neice is due to have her baby anyday now. The father who is 20 years older and out of Mexico wants to hurry and marry her. He has been living in Long Island. The question is, if the baby carrys his name ,will she risk losing her baby to him if he decides to take him back to Mexico? Should she leave his name of the birth certificate? Would this help? Does he have any rights to this child. She is starting to believe this was all a way for him to become a US citizen.

saphire1

saphire1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Vermont

My neice is due to have her baby anyday now. The father who is 20 years older and out of Mexico wants to hurry and marry her. He has been living in Long Island. The question is, if the baby carrys his name ,will she risk losing her baby to him if he decides to take him back to Mexico? Should she leave his name of the birth certificate? Would this help? Does he have any rights to this child. She is starting to believe this was all a way for him to become a US citizen.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

saphire1 said:
saphire1 said:
What is the name of your state? Vermont

She is starting to believe this was all a way for him to become a US citizen.

My response:

Really? She's just now "starting" to believe it?

What I'd like to know is how a Mexican made it all the up to Vermont. Doesn't your daughter know any better? She could have at least gone to bed with a Guatemalan, or a Bolivian. But, jeez, some lettuce picker?

IAAL

poeypooh

Before the dad would have any rights he would have to either sign a paper at the hospital acknowledging paternity or have a dna test done. Your daughter needs to file for custody right away if dad signs at hospital or has a dna test completed. The last name of baby will have no bearing as to whether dad has rights or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">