• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal medical marijuana grow/want to remove children back to home state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alittlebitmore

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

-----
We recently moved to Rhode Island. My wife started a medical marijuana grow which I believed to completely legit and legal. Upon further research I found it to be far and above the legal limit. We have two children under the age of 2 that I do not want exposed to this.

Can I take my children back to IL (where we came from and still own a home) w/o fear of kidnapping charges. I want to file for divorce there.

I afraid if I report the activity to the authorities I will get blamed for it since my name is on the lease and all the utilities.

xylene

You need to file divorce in your state of residence - Rhode Island

Your plan is very flawed. Your plan to remove children from the state is a disaster.

Also, a little pot is ok, but now you don't want it...

How long have you lived in Rhode Island? If you have not lived in Rhode Island for a year then you would have to return to IL and file for divorce there. Do a google search for the requirements and it will pop up.

However, If you do not get the landlord to agree to allow you to break the lease you will still be legally responsible for the remainder of the lease. Depending upon the type of lease you may be responsible for all of the payments for the rest of the year. The Landlord may let you out if your wife agrees to take over the lease, they may not.

You should also remember that if you choose to leave the utilities on in your name, you will be legally responsible for any costs or charges until they are turned off.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

-----
We recently moved to Rhode Island. My wife started a medical marijuana grow which I believed to completely legit and legal. Upon further research I found it to be far and above the legal limit. We have two children under the age of 2 that I do not want exposed to this.

Can I take my children back to IL (where we came from and still own a home) w/o fear of kidnapping charges. I want to file for divorce there.

I afraid if I report the activity to the authorities I will get blamed for it since my name is on the lease and all the utilities.

have you considered destrying the amount that is over the legal limit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">