• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal mother with U.S. citizen child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The loophole regarding citizens...

born in the United States but not children of two citizens is a pretty big loophole.

As in it is part of the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution:

Section I
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

IN other words it would require AMENDING THE US CONSTITUTION to state that people born in the US who are children of illegals are not citizens.

jmendez74 said:
What is the name of your state? NM
I have a friend who is going to have a child from a U.S. citizen. She is an illegal alien and has only moved in with him not married. She wants to leave him, however, he has threaten her that he would take away the child and deport her once it is born, if she does not do what he wants. She wants to go back to her country but not without her child. Can he do this?
If mom is still pregnant, what is she waiting for. He can't stop her from going home now with the fetus.

Silverplum

Ithildriel said:
If mom is still pregnant, what is she waiting for. He can't stop her from going home now with the fetus.
Dang good point. Why not go home, take the fetus along, and have the kid in HER country?

Oh. Because she wants to use the U.S. hospital emergency room to deliver. Oh. I see. And delivering in her country is no good, eh? Can't get the citizenship, huh? Hmmm. Ah. I see now.

Silverplum said:
Dang good point. Why not go home, take the fetus along, and have the kid in HER country?

Oh. Because she wants to use the U.S. hospital emergency room to deliver. Oh. I see. And delivering in her country is no good, eh? Can't get the citizenship, huh? Hmmm. Ah. I see now.
But wasn't that the point Ohiogal was making? That the child having an American father automatically makes it an American citizen regardless of where it is born?

The medical care thing may be an issue, not sure. A friend of mine's daughter had emergency surgery in Mexico this past winter, and they were very happy with the care that they received. :)

Silverplum

Ithildriel said:
But wasn't that the point Ohiogal was making? That the child having an American father automatically makes it an American citizen regardless of where it is born?

The medical care thing may be an issue, not sure. A friend of mine's daughter had emergency surgery in Mexico this past winter, and they were very happy with the care that they received. :)
Yes, that is the point. I must admit I was not thinking about the specific bimbo in this specific post. I was thinking of the whole problem.

I have no idea about Mexico's healthcare. I have read that South American plastic surgery is to be avoided. :eek:

Silverplum said:
Yes, that is the point. I must admit I was not thinking about the specific bimbo in this specific post. I was thinking of the whole problem.

I have no idea about Mexico's healthcare. I have read that South American plastic surgery is to be avoided. :eek:
I've watched some of those plastic surgeries done on t.v...I think they all should be avoided! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ithildriel said:

Yes it is. And citizenship by birth in this country is spelled out in the Constitution :)
Citizenship due to American parents is not in the COnstitution however I don't see them changing that because military members and others that are sent overseas would gripe about that.

rmet4nzkx

PLAN "A":
Jump the fence.
Get rich American to have sex with poor illegal.
Get pregnant.
File for paternity and child support prior to birth of child.
File domestic abuse charges against American putative father.
Get protective order and flee to country of origin.
Baby born in foreign country, baby and mother take court ordered paternity test, putative dad is ordered to take DNA test.
DNA test proves putative father is bio dad, paternity is established and child support is ordered with at lease a minimum wage base, these USD go a long way in mom's country.
Dad is left to file for custody and visitaiton with DV charges affecting the court's ruling.

Plan "B"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">