• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal School Enrollment, again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silver11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

My question is simple but requires a brief Reader's Digest of the situation leading up to this.

During the course of a 3 yr custody battle that ended 4 years ago, the final decree was shared custody with school placement going to my ex because our daughter had "adjusted" to the school district he'd illegally enrolled her in (I was school placement parent at time of enrollment - he'd kidnapped her, moved to the other side of the state & kept her for 3 mos. She had been in the school over 6 mos by the time we got through the courts.). This was as decided by our assigned Guardian ad liteum. She is now almost 12. He's working in FL, after already working in New England earlier this year - leaving her to spend the school year with her step mother who stated at the beginning of the school year that she didn't want my daughter there (this was while my ex was working in New England). It was heated enough my mother came to pick her up with my ex's request & blessing. Now less than 60 days later, after promising my daughter he'd be around more, he's working even farther away in FL.

Now I'm being told their pets have been given to his sister & that after my part of winter break I'm to drop her off for a one way flight to FL at my nearest airport. He's already kidnapped her once & illegally enrolled her in school - and I see history lining up to repeat itself.

I know the paperwork I need to file - I don't have the funds to hire legal representation - I just don't know how to obtain the paperwork & how to best word my situation to get the emergency ex parte in front of a judge before winter break to try & prevent her from being a victim of parental kidnapping a second time.

How do I get an ex parte to draft, how/where do I file & I'm open to suggestions for most effective wording please.

Thank you!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

My question is simple but requires a brief Reader's Digest of the situation leading up to this.

During the course of a 3 yr custody battle that ended 4 years ago, the final decree was shared custody with school placement going to my ex because our daughter had "adjusted" to the school district he'd illegally enrolled her in (I was school placement parent at time of enrollment - he'd kidnapped her, moved to the other side of the state & kept her for 3 mos. She had been in the school over 6 mos by the time we got through the courts.). This was as decided by our assigned Guardian ad liteum. She is now almost 12. He's working in FL, after already working in New England earlier this year - leaving her to spend the school year with her step mother who stated at the beginning of the school year that she didn't want my daughter there (this was while my ex was working in New England). It was heated enough my mother came to pick her up with my ex's request & blessing. Now less than 60 days later, after promising my daughter he'd be around more, he's working even farther away in FL.

Now I'm being told their pets have been given to his sister & that after my part of winter break I'm to drop her off for a one way flight to FL at my nearest airport. He's already kidnapped her once & illegally enrolled her in school - and I see history lining up to repeat itself.

I know the paperwork I need to file - I don't have the funds to hire legal representation - I just don't know how to obtain the paperwork & how to best word my situation to get the emergency ex parte in front of a judge before winter break to try & prevent her from being a victim of parental kidnapping a second time.

How do I get an ex parte to draft, how/where do I file & I'm open to suggestions for most effective wording please.

Thank you!
File an objection to relocation AND a motion to restrain the child from being removed from the state of proper jurisdiction. Ask that she be placed with you while this works through the courts. And it was NOT parental kidnapping. Stay away from that because it is overdramatic and NOT what happened.

Silver11

The parental kidnapping was several years ago but I understand why you'd suggest I stay away from using that verbiage this time. Thank you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">