• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incarceration due to child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Familycounts

What is the name of your state? mi but the action is from the state of in

For 12 days now my husband has been detained by a mi sheriif's department awaiting extradition to the state of in. In officials want him for non support of minor(14yo daughter). husband wanted to appear in this matter so didn't fight extradition - not knowing he would be sitting still in mi today.

In affidavit of probable cause i obtained form vigo co court, my husband's ex claims he has never paid on a support order that originated out of nc from 1990 divorce decree when in fact he has paid from that point through the end of 1997. husband out of work from 97-99.

tried to establish support order in mi but was told the custodial parent had to initiate it. info passed to ex but nothing heard of for last 3 years. in meantime material/monetary items sent to daughter on husband's behalf by us and my mother-in-law.

in sent us no communication regarding this matter. in never got payment summary or other support orders showing my husband's contribution to his daughter until i faxed a copy this week.

vigo co prosecutor's office informed me that they did not have to inform him, he knew the nc order existed. how did we know to send payments to vigo co? before living in mi we lived in ga and the state of ga recv'd payments and sent them to ex. once we were in mi, ga no longer was involved in the matter.

how can i assist my husband? his job is in jeopardy! Can we file suit against affiant/witnesses/deputy prosecuting attorney for false/missing information regarding payments my husband has made for years under the penalty of perjury? suffering our family has endured for these last two weeks?

i know i need anywhere from $2500 to $5000 to retain an in attorney. with my husband out of work now for two work weeks and my little ones needing me b'c they are missing daddy, i don't have it. can you please direct any resources my way? i, on the behalf of my family, would greatly appreciate it!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">