+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Increase Child Support?


    Can child support be increased when a person finds a better paying job than what he/she had when court finalized judgement for a certain amount on child support per month?

    If so, when a peron is unemployed, can that person goto the court and ask that it be decreased?

    How would someone ask for child support to be increased? Is it based on the age of the child?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Either party can file a modification to increase or decrease support based on a change in circumstances. If the CP makes more money and the NCP finds out, the NCP can file for a downward modification. If the NCP makes more money and the CP finds out, the CP can file for an upward modification. If either party loses a job or is laid off, either party can file for a modification.

    However, some states limit how long of time can pass between modifications. In some states it's one year, some two, some three. I don't know OK laws, but there is a link on this board to the laws of all states.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Child Support Increase
    By woodie71112 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
  2. Will Child support increase with pay increase?
    By lostfan06 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
  3. Increase in child support
    By Golden_Sunset38 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 06:44 PM
  4. child support increase
    By Wiggy Ex in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. child support increase
    By cindy6021 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2001, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.