• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Increase in child support

• Thread starter Golden_Sunset38
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Golden_Sunset38

What is the name of your state? California

My sons father has been paying child support ordered by court, of $435.00 per month, but he also agreed to pay $150.00 toward our sons school. Well, my sons father, received a letter, from whom I do not know, because he will not tell me. That states they are reviewing his income to increase child support. Now, he thinks I did this to him (asked for more support) but I had nothing to do with it. Seems in California the courts print out cases and review them for child support increases. Well, sons father is soooooooo angry. Says he won't pay for sons school anymore. He also said he will do anything and everything not to pay child support increase. That statement scares me a bit. Now, I was fine with the amount I was getting from my sons father. I am not a greedy person. But, the money is for our son, not me. That is how the money is used. I am just wondering what I should do? I am wondering what I should do about this whole nonsense of my sons father statement to me. Has anyone faced this before?? Please help.

G

Golden_Sunset38

oops

Goodness, I just read my post and it makes no sense.....lol Let me see if I can get it right this time.

What can he legally do, not to have to pay increase court will soon order him to pay?? Forget the school fees if he pays more I will be able to pay sons school by myself. But, what scares me is his statement to me. He will do anything and everything not to have to pay more money. What should I do about this????

Hope it makes more sense now.....lol

VeronicaGia

When you go to court, tell the judge you'd like to agree to keep the amount you are already getting and you don't want an increase.

You should have been served papers too. Were you?

S

sweettie200017

State Funds

Are you receiving state aid? Medicaid? Because if that is true it is not up to you how much he pays.

G

Golden_Sunset38

Thank you

No, I didn't receive a thing. I do not believe that this has anything to do with going back to court. My sons father just received a letter from the courts stating that they were going to review his income. For a child support increase.

No, I do not get any aid. I also know that I have nothing to do with how much he will have to pay. But, he does have a very good job and now makes double what he did when we first went to court. As, I have said I am not money hungry. But, if the courts think he needs to pay more, then thats great, for our son. Not for me but for our son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">