• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana confusing Parenting Time Guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maglypi

I live in Indiana.

According to the Indiana Rules of Court, Parenting Time Guidelines the non-custodial parent is to have "extended parenting time" of half the child's summer break and half of the child's school Christmas break.

Which parent is responsible for paying daycare??

As the custodial parent, I pay the daycare since my daughter is with me full time (except for every other weekend).

Is it the non-custodial parent responsibility to pay for daycare if it is needed when that parent is working during the extended visits or on holiday visits?

LdiJ

I live in Indiana.

According to the Indiana Rules of Court, Parenting Time Guidelines the non-custodial parent is to have "extended parenting time" of half the child's summer break and half of the child's school Christmas break.

Which parent is responsible for paying daycare??

As the custodial parent, I pay the daycare since my daughter is with me full time (except for every other weekend).

Is it the non-custodial parent responsibility to pay for daycare if it is needed when that parent is working during the extended visits or on holiday visits?
It depends. If daycare was not factored into the child support calculation then each parent is responsible for their own daycare on their own school holiday time.

If daycare was only factored in to the extent of after/before school care then again, each parent is responsible for their own daycare on their own school holiday time.

If daycare was fully factored into the child support calculation, on the CP's side, and the same daycare is being used, then the CP should continue to pay the daycare.

So haul out your child support orders and look over them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">