• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intent to relocate child form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indiana_Lady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,

What happens if the other parent does not file an intent to relocate form? I am the custodial parent. He said he was moving to Minnesota in June and he said he filed it. He lives in Chicago, and I live in Portage, IN (so a 40 minute drive) I have yet to receive a copy of it from him in the mail. My two girls that he fathered were returned to me on July 3rd 2016(from summer break)....not sure why he returned them to me early. But anyways, since then, I have been texting him and asking him about the form and he gives no response. His next scheduled visitation date is September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I do not want my girls going with him if he did not legally file the intent to relocate and he is in Minnesota before then. And I do not also want to violate the visitation schedule. Thank you for the help.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,

What happens if the other parent does not file an intent to relocate form? I am the custodial parent. He said he was moving to Minnesota in June and he said he filed it. He lives in Chicago, and I live in Portage, IN (so a 40 minute drive) I have yet to receive a copy of it from him in the mail. My two girls that he fathered were returned to me on July 3rd 2016(from summer break)....not sure why he returned them to me early. But anyways, since then, I have been texting him and asking him about the form and he gives no response. His next scheduled visitation date is September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I do not want my girls going with him if he did not legally file the intent to relocate and he is in Minnesota before then. And I do not also want to violate the visitation schedule. Thank you for the help.
The NCP does not have to file an intent to relocate. :cool:
http://www.allencountycourtshelp.us/relocationofchildren.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">