• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody when State has taken children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mom2

I reside in NY, my children live in Ohio with my exhusband. Recently, one of my adopted children has accused my ex of wrong doing and the children were placed in a family members home, while we wait for a judgement on the charges. Two of the children are my biological daughters, I share joint custody with my ex. I am trying to find out, if as a parent, I have the right to regain custody of my two daughters? I am not under investigation for any wrong doing, the custody was mutual decision because of the childrens' ages/school.

No one from the courts has contacted me in regards to the signing over of temporary custody of my children.But, I understand they were placed in the system yesterday.

I need to know what I will need to do to get physical custody of my daughters if things do not straighten out.
PLEASE HELP......QUICKLY!

Cris

LegalBeagle

Mom2 said:
I reside in NY, my children live in Ohio with my exhusband. Recently, one of my adopted children has accused my ex of wrong doing and the children were placed in a family members home, while we wait for a judgement on the charges. Two of the children are my biological daughters, I share joint custody with my ex. I am trying to find out, if as a parent, I have the right to regain custody of my two daughters? I am not under investigation for any wrong doing, the custody was mutual decision because of the childrens' ages/school.

No one from the courts has contacted me in regards to the signing over of temporary custody of my children.But, I understand they were placed in the system yesterday.

I need to know what I will need to do to get physical custody of my daughters if things do not straighten out.
PLEASE HELP......QUICKLY!

Cris
You need to retain an attorney in OH TODAY.. and then have them file an Ex-Parte motion for emergency temporary custody. When there is another abled parent, children should not be placed in the system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">