• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge Recusal for Child Custody as material witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

psalve

What is the name of your state? Georgia.....

Anyone have any experience with this?????

thx

H

hexeliebe

With what? All you've given is a title of your post without the post. A little like kissing a frog and waiting to see if a prince appears.

P

psalve

SORRRRRRRY :)

my X approached the judge in public telling him that he "needed help with a problem he was having with his ex-wife"

H

hexeliebe

So? That is not illegal. Now how about the full story? I'm not going to spoonfeed you here, we've been through this several times today on this forum.

Either tell us the whole story, including your concerns and questions, or I'll leave you to someone who has the patience of Job.

M

Melissaplease

Well, I'm on a roll today. 2 posts in an hour, 2 months on site without a post!!!

Judge Recusal is when there has been a request for a specific judge to be removed from a case, I believe....?

Who made the request in your case??

Whyte Noise

That's called "Ex-parte communication". And yes, it could be grounds for the judge to recuse himself from the case or for the other party to seek a recusal. "IF" the case or any of it's merits were discussed with the judge that's presiding over the case that is. It's not an automatic deal just because he talked to a judge. It has to be the judge in your case, that will be hearing upcoming testimony I believe. Not 100% positive on that last sentence though.

(BLCM aka Job) :D

H

hexeliebe

And that's why I'm asking for the whole story. No one knows anything yet except the poster is feeding us one liners and he/she is not in vaudeville.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It depends. If the judge didn't listen/converse - there's likely no cause. And at the end of the day - it's up to the judge to decide whether he should recuse himself.

M

Melissaplease

It could be that this person is not interested in divulging all of his/her personal details on the web. It could be that they only have an interest in getting general "Judge Recusal" questions answered. Which is his/her right.

Dear Post initiator:
Any other questions????

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well "this person" needs to give people a LITTLE more to go on if s/he wants a reasonable response.

H

hexeliebe

Melissa PLEASE!!!!!!!!

This is a legal forum. If the poster wants answers they need to ask a question. Making assumptions is very dangerous in the practice of law.

M

Melissaplease

Mommatiger, I think your response was appropriate and covered the subject matter that has been said to be the source of their confusion. My reply was actually in response to the person requesting the "whole story." :)

nextwife

If the judge recused himself, a different judge hears the case. Case still proceeds. If there is a conflict of interest, this is the best thing.

For example, my adoption agent is the wife of a local judge. So is her partner. That makes two local judges whose wives we had a business relationship with. WE are therefore clients of their wives. Were either ever assigned to a case involving us, it might not be appropriate for either of those two judges to hear it.

P

psalve

free and willing

I am fine with devulging.. thanks for the support though...

Read my affidavit that is on it's way, it tells all...
I REALLY NEED some opinions on what you all think.

I think the affidavit is good enough to get the motion heard by the chief judge of the circuit (2-judge circuit)

---- senior judge is VERRRRRY familiar with my X

H

hexeliebe

My reply was actually in response to the person requesting the "whole story."
So you wouldn't mind an attorney giving you legal advice when you've only told them half the story? Does that mean that when you are sent to jail, lose your court case or get fined that you only have to do half the time?

Get real girl, either the poster wants a legitimate answer based in law, or she wants opinions. And opinions ain't worth the paper they're written on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">