• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge refused evidence of witness tampering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

threegoodegirls

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

In my custody hearing, I had a tape of the father threatening and intimidating a witness that was going to testify against him, telling about his abusive and controling nature. The judge refused to listen to the any evidence and as a result I was forced to sign over to him as being the custodial parent. Do I have any recourse at this point? I believe to be nothing more than a Star Chamber proceeding.

Just Blue

In my custody hearing, I had a tape of the father threatening and intimidating a witness that was going to testify against him, telling about his abusive and controling nature. The judge refused to listen to the any evidence and as a result I was forced to sign over to him as being the custodial parent. Do I have any recourse at this point? I believe to be nothing more than a Star Chamber proceeding.
Were the intimidated witnesses present at the hearing?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

How did you get the recording?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

In addition to the other questions, how were you FORCED to sign over to him as being the custodial parent? You have no recourse if you agreed with it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, the witness was waiting to come in and testify. The judge wouldn't hear her tesimony, or the taped phone call with him.
Apparently there was not a motion for witness intimidation. And if she was THERE then she was not intimidated and prevented from testifying.

Just Blue

I was told I could NOT call any witnesses or enter any evidence....proceed and he will get sole custody in this matter.
So...What is the whole truth?? A Judge would not make that kind of statement without cause...Did you flee the state/jurisdiction without proper notification of the father and or the court? Have you withheld the child from his/her father? :confused:

In order to properly advise you we will need the basic background of the case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was told I could NOT call any witnesses or enter any evidence....proceed and he will get sole custody in this matter.
Did you have a pretrial statement entered filed the trial? Did you provide a list of witnesses and exhibits in said pretrial statement? What motions were being heard at that point? Is it even legal to record telephone calls in your state? Were you a party to the call?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">