• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge's orders are contradictory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slwhite04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
The orders in my custody case state that we share custody of our just-turned-3 son, but there is no primary residency (prior to this ruling, I had primary residency, and son has always lived in my town with me). They also state that we must continue to abide by the recommendations of the Birth-to-3 services, who have been evaluating our son for language delays. They also state our son's town for school purposes is dad's town. The Birth-to-3 folks are recommending a program to help our son, but the program (preschool run by the town and parks/rec dept) is in MY town, not dad's. Dad will not agree to this preschool program, because it's in my town. His town does not have a program to help our son until he turns 4. How can we follow the B-to-3 recommendation, as ordered, when it contradicts the town/school order? I'm going to file a motion to change the town, but in the meantime, our son needs help and I want to enroll him asap. Is it possible to be both in contempt AND following the orders at the same time? So confused and frustrated....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">