• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just found out ex gave teenage son unprescribed sleeping pills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aksonsmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia

my ternage son told me his dad gave him over ten times adult sleeping pills so he could sleep and they go out party.

what can i do? i feel scared of my son life for overdose or addiction, in Georgia what can I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

my ternage son told me his dad gave him over ten times adult sleeping pills so he could sleep and they go out party.

what can i do? i feel scared of my son life for overdose or addiction, in Georgia what can I do?
Sleeping pills can be bought over the counter. Why don't you talk to your ex and ask him about it? Giving sleeping pills to a teenager is NOT illegal and it is not necessarily a bad thing.

aksonsmom

we have a custody battle now

i dont believe give a kid sleeping bill while the kid dont have sleeping issue is a good thing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
OG - asking, not arguing. I thought it was illegal to give anyone a prescription medication that had been prescribed to someone else.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where was it stated the pills were prescription? I give Mom Tylenol PM so she sleeps..... So Dad and I can, too.

aksonsmom

its not prescripted. because ex didnt even know where is the pediatrician

must be his own pill, ex sleeping pill

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Good point, stealth. Perhaps that point should be clarified.

No, OP, he's STILL not going to be jailed.

aksonsmom

its not prescripted. because ex didnt even know where is the pediatrician

must be his own pill, ex sleeping pill

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

Please try to form coherent sentences. Then you can tell us the name of the medication. I presume he has not, in fact, overdosed?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">