• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

keeping off property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gujiboys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Can I legally tell my ex that he cannot be on my property when the kids are with me for visitation? We have joint custody. Thank you.

Proserpina

Can I legally tell my ex that he cannot be on my property when the kids are with me for visitation? We have joint custody. Thank you.

Why do you want to?

What exactly is going on?

Is he trying to interfere with your parenting time?

Just Blue

Yup. But why would you do this? Is there an issue with him visiting his children at your home? Is this a pick up or drop off issue? :confused:

Gujiboys

my current husband wants this. they totally hate eachother. current hubby feels ex is invading his territory. my son plays sports and sometimes i have to get him a ride. ex wants to bring him home when this happens. hubby says no way.

LdiJ

Yup. But why would you do this? Is there an issue with him visiting his children at your home? Is this a pick up or drop off issue? :confused:
Seriously, the "context" of the issue matters.

If the ex is just showing up at your home whenever the ex wants to its one thing...if its another situation it may be another thing.

Gujiboys

ex never shows up unexpectedly. hubby just has a real issue with it. had a conversation with ex today abou him bringing son home tonight. i said the person who takes him will bring him home. when that person showed up, i asked him to please bring my son home and that his dad might say he would. i just said it was a hubby/ex thing. my ex just called and screamed at me that he should be able to give his son a ride whenever he wanted. i don't know who will bring him home. my hubby is furious. says it's a guy thing, that the ex is stepping on his manhood. being a woman, i really don't understand.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Are you saying that you arranged a ride for your son with Person X. Then, dad just ups and brings the child home? Does dad have the courtesy to say that I'll bring kiddo home? Or is it a case of your arrangements are runover by your X without any phone calls?

Antigone*

ex never shows up unexpectedly. hubby just has a real issue with it. had a conversation with ex today abou him bringing son home tonight. i said the person who takes him will bring him home. when that person showed up, i asked him to please bring my son home and that his dad might say he would. i just said it was a hubby/ex thing. my ex just called and screamed at me that he should be able to give his son a ride whenever he wanted. i don't know who will bring him home. my hubby is furious. says it's a guy thing, that the ex is stepping on his manhood. being a woman, i really don't understand.
Is your husband so controlling that you are not even allowed to co-parent you child? This "guy thing" is so moronic and childish that I would be booting controlling, small-minded hubby, to the curb, but that's just me:cool:

Just Blue

my current husband wants this. they totally hate eachother. current hubby feels ex is invading his territory. my son plays sports and sometimes i have to get him a ride. ex wants to bring him home when this happens. hubby says no way.
Tell current hubby that he is an interfering idiot. Really. The LEGAL obligation of the CP is to FACILITATE the relationship of the children with the NCP. By YOU ALLOWING your hubby to interfere with said relationship, YOU are in danger of becoming the NCP.

Hubby doesn't like Dad? Tell him to stay in the house and ignore pick up and drop off.

Proserpina

Tell current hubby that he is an interfering idiot. Really. The LEGAL obligation of the CP is to FACILITATE the relationship of the children with the NCP. By YOU ALLOWING your hubby to interfere with said relationship, YOU are in danger of becoming the NCP.

Hubby doesn't like Dad? Tell him to stay in the house and ignore pick up and drop off.

Ho.
Li.
Carp.

NO KIDDING, Blue.

OP - SERIOUSLY?! Your husband needs to basically shush the heck up and FOCUS.

Just Blue

Ummm...How about you grow a freaking backbone and tell hubby to STAY OUT OF LEGAL ISSUES that have NOTHING to do with him?

Gujiboys

basically, yes, ex is doing whatever the hell he wants. i've gone over this and over this many many time with hubby. i did leave my ex for current hubby. so they both have problems with eachother.

Gujiboys

i do agree with all of you. but, hubby doesn't want his space invaded by this person who he feels spits on his manhood. actually, couldn't be further from the truth. he just can't get past this. even knowing he put me and the kids in the middle. mostly me. and i do have a backbone, by the way.

TinkerBelleLuvr

basically, yes, ex is doing whatever the hell he wants. i've gone over this and over this many many time with hubby. i did leave my ex for current hubby. so they both have problems with eachother.
Getting to the heart of the issue here. First of all, there is a lack of communication issue between the mom and dad. And it looks like a lack of trust between mom and new hubby.

Suggest marital counseling for you and hubby and co-parenting therapy for you and dad. and lots of just plain counseling for the OP. If they get and USE the needed therapy, they might reduce their legal fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">