• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to keeps kids in the same school after divorce, do i have to havde full custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgriffin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN
if husband moves and wants to relocate the kids, how do i keep them here when i have found a nearby home for us?

LdiJ

if husband moves and wants to relocate the kids, how do i keep them here when i have found a nearby home for us?
You file for divorce and primary custody of the children.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOur question is confusing. Your thread title leads one to believe you are already divorce and therefore HUSBAND would actually be EX HUSBAND. If a divorce has happened, then the following questions need answered:
1) Who has primary custody of the children?
2) Who has custody for school purposes?
3) what is the distance of the move?
4) What is the custody determination -- joint legal, joint physical, both joint legal and physical?
5) What is the time split?
6) When did dad move? When did you find a nearby home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">